Grim's trip out... - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #21 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Thanks, guys! We went to the one in Toledo (somewhere). There isn't much in our town to go to. Not even a Walmart. So to take him pretty much anywhere they'll let him in the door we have to go to another town or into Toledo. I've been wanting to do IPO for years. However, when working as an RN, I worked a lot of nights and weekends, so I just didn't have the time to dedicate to it. Getting the chance to do that now really rocks!! It especially helps when you have folks there willing to share what they know with you.... see your dog and give you tips on what to do with THAT dog to help him specifically. (Or help me, rather)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 12:52 PM   #22 (permalink)
Elite Member

Oh nvm! I live in Canada I ass-u-me'd that was the store you went to
blackshep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 11:56 PM   #23 (permalink)
Master Member

Sounds like a fun trip Bass Pro is awesome, we stood in the Vegas one in the foyer just gawking LOL the shop assistant was laughing at us asking if we weren't gonna come in.
It's fantastic you could take him in there Did it have a huge amount of taxidermic animals too?

What bow did you buy Jag?? I do target archery myself, I'm heading to Vegas next week for work and to shoot the big indoor tournament there can't wait it'l be so much fun!
Mooch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 09:09 PM   #24 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

This is the bow I got.
Genesis Compound Bow Package - Red | Bass Pro Shops

There's an archery club in Toledo that I got a paper for. I know there was a huge bear in there (taxidermy), but I really didn't pay attention to looking for any others. I'm sure there were. I was really focused on Grim... and then being stopped often by people that wanted to comment on him or ask questions. I spent about 20 minutes shooting, too. I also got the hard black plastic case for it. That way I can take it to the camper, back to the store to play, or to a club or whatever if I can find the time! I also got a target to use at home. It was an EXCELLENT birthday present!!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:18 AM   #25 (permalink)
Master Member

One of the best female archers in the world lives in Toledo and she trains at one of the dog clubs there, I just can't remember which one
That's a great bow to start with, especially if you have back trouble You should have a lot of fun with that!!

I was asking about the animals because the one in Vegas had TONS I would have loved to see how my dogs would have reacted to them LOL
They had a total freak out over a rubber fox 3D archery target - Mojo hid behind my legs - I think she was confused because it looked exactly like the foxes she barks at at home but it didn't smell right But then she didn't mind the deer or the dinosaur targets at all - go figure
Old 01-30-2013, 05:33 PM   #26 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

LOL! He didn't seem to notice the bear, although people that worked there said they'd had dogs go nuts at it! Yeah, I finally took the bow out of the box, and I need to adjust it because I'm already feeling it on the right side of my back. I've got 4 disks that are coming out in my thoracic spine that aren't secured...so I can get burning really easy on that side. I don't know how to adjust it right now, but it's in the directions. That's really cool about the chick from Toledo! Maybe I'll find out who she is. I don't know if I'll have time to get into it too much because Grim is taking up a lot of my time... and he's first. Once I mess around with it more at home, I may get up to the archery club. I like that it doesn't have the sights. I figure if I really get into it, I'll look for a more powerful bow on CL or something. I'm not paying $400 for a bow to just mess with. Especially not when all my money's going into Grim, LOL!
Old 01-31-2013, 04:45 AM   #27 (permalink)
Master Member

Yeah and a lot of the more "powerful" bows could hurt your back - best to start off easy.
If you have any questions about adjusting it etc shoot me a PM - I work part time in an archery pro shop
They are a fun thing to have a play with, I shoot outside my yard a lot, the dogs love it they know we play fetch, when collecting the arrows
Grim is such a gorgeous dog, no wonder most of your time and money goes into him!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.