We've Reached the Turning Point! (anyone else get angry/frustrated w/puppy?) - Page 9 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #81 (permalink)
Banned

my pups do the samething as any other pup. i just don't find anything hard about raising a pup. lots of things to do but it's not hard to me.[QUOTE=Anitsisqua;2652704]Yeah. Before I got Gabe, I read SO MANY BOOKS. I read plenty of threads on this site, and other websites. I soaked up as much information as I could and thought I was prepared...but it was still so much harder than I thought.</p>

>>>>>And Doggie dad, if your puppies have never been a lot of work, I'm jealous.
doggiedad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #82 (permalink)
Banned

lots of dogs and plenty of experience makes us better. LOL. [QUOTE=SukiGirl;2653453]I'll be honest, there are a handful of people on this site that are a little condescending to others...and as a first time dog owner and first time GSD owner I am often offended by the 'advice' I am given on here. </p>
I would like to feel like I can share information and ask questions on this forum without being made to feel like I'm some idiot.

Just food for thought for all of you experts on here. I get it.>>>> You've had &quot;lots of dogs and plenty of experience.&quot; But what makes you a better dog owner than me, really?

Last edited by doggiedad; 12-19-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #83 (permalink)
Banned

to you it's fair to for someone to say something is hard but it's not fair to say it isn't hard. to you it's fair to say you cried but it's unfair because someone thinks it's nothing to cry about.telling someone something is easy when they think it's hard is encouragement.there's no room for failure in raising a dog. you get the job done. it doesn't matter if you work, have children, have other animals, go to school, single, married, hate dogs, raining, snowing,high wind, you're out of shape, don't work, live in an apartment, live on a farm, etc. there's no excuses. you take proper careof the dog. you train and socialize to the fullest. no failures just success. if you cry through it, whine through it, wimpy through it, complain through it, scream through it (not at the dog) so what, as the commercial says &quot;just do it&quot;.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleigh View Post
Obviously people have different definitions of what is &quot;hard&quot; and what isn't. </p>I don't think it's fair when someone comes on here to vent, or is looking for people that have had similar experiences and say a comment like &quot;it's really hard, or I broke down and cried&quot; to have ANYONE else on this forum come down on them and say ... it's NOT hard, and WOW you cried? How could you ...

To tell someone that it's easy, especially to someone that is struggling is only making them feel more like a failure. And I really don't believe that is ANYONE's intention from this forum ...
</p>

Last edited by doggiedad; 12-19-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #84 (permalink)
Banned

you weren't watching your pup. you left the garbage, shoes and slippers available. i think you should beat your own behind for being careless.[QUOTE=Umm Mohamed;2658954]I don't know if I have replied here already?? But I'm in the shoes of hating my puppy..specially what have she done yesterday..scattering our garbage and make all the ravish into pieces..chewed my slipper and shoes.</p>What a nightmare..</p>
My first reaction is grabbed my slipper and >>>> beat her in the ass
Old 12-19-2012, 03:41 PM   #85 (permalink)
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony8858 View Post
Looking back now, I'll say that as much as I've felt that there was a rudeness to some of the comments, it really didn't matter, because the advice was right!!!

Take it from where it's coming from. It's the internet, and not always easy to get your feelings across. The people here are seriously dedicated. Isn't that passion and expertise about the GSD breed the reason why you're here?

My advice to you and anyone else.... Take the condescending behavior with a grain of salt. Pay more attention to the message they're trying to send you.

They're right more times than not..... You just don't know it yet.
I can look back at a ton of my posts, and have a completely different perspective today.

Just for giggles..... I bumped into a new GSD puppy owner a few days ago. It was his first GSD. While he was telling me some of the things he does with his puppy, I wanted to choke him. So I do know how it feels to be on the other side too.
Well said!
plus Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus

"How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?." ANONYMOUS
MaggieRoseLee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #86 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umm Mohamed View Post
I don't know if I have replied here already?? But I'm in the shoes of hating my puppy..specially what have she done yesterday..scattering our garbage and make all the ravish into pieces..chewed my slipper and shoes.
What a nightmare..
My first reaction is grabbed my slipper and beat her in the ass..she runs inside her dog house very afraid..
I have a little hearth ache when I see those eyes but I have to teach her before he damage everything when she is off leash..
Am I that bad??
Btw,, she is my first dog and shes 4 months and its my first time to have a dog..
She already know how to obey me like no,yes, sit,lay down,stay and come.. But still she come to be annoying..
I just tell to my self patience.. Patience and sigh....

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com App
I understand that different countries and cultures handle things differently. However, I think that you CAN understand that a pup gets into things because WE allow them to by leaving them unsupervised, right? Hitting a pup just doesn't make any sense. You can teach your pup not to get into things without hitting it. You are damaging your relationship with this pup by doing this. You want this pup to trust you and do as you say when it is an adult, right? You cannot have that if you beat your puppy. It is also a sentient being, deserving of love and respect. It is your job to train the pup with kindness and compassion. Beating a pup will not ensure that it behaves and learns what you want. It will only ensure that it needs to fear you and not trust you. I can promise you that your puppy had no clue what you were hitting it for. Please give some thought to your actions, and how you need to deal with future times when your puppy does something you don't like.
Jag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #87 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Hey how come the OP can say a$$??? I thought that was a no-no word????
That was NOT me. I'm the OP, and I certainly didn't say that.

Gable: Black and Red GSD: 03/02/2012 -
Suki: Russian Blue: 03/02/2013 -
Anitsisqua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #88 (permalink)
Elite Member

OMG ... I'm so sorry, I didn't mean OP ... I meant the other person that posted in this thread ... sorry sorry sorry!
Old 12-20-2012, 02:15 AM   #89 (permalink)

I agree to both of you Doggiedad and Jag..I been careless of this things,it's also a lesson for me to learned as a new First time dog owner....

Sent from my iPhone using UmmMohamed
Umm Mohamed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #90 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
OMG ... I'm so sorry, I didn't mean OP ... I meant the other person that posted in this thread ... sorry sorry sorry!
It's ok. Things can get a little confusing when a lot of people are posting.

Gable: Black and Red GSD: 03/02/2012 -
Suki: Russian Blue: 03/02/2013 -
Anitsisqua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.