We've Reached the Turning Point! (anyone else get angry/frustrated w/puppy?) - Page 8 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 10:54 PM   #71 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Heck, I don't consider myself to be inexperienced... but I still stopped posting for awhile and nearly left because of responses to a thread I made. I was just sharing a 'holy cow' moment and found myself in the middle of a war zone. So lots of us have gone through this. I don't know why, but sometimes people don't read what you're posting. They read something that's in their heads, I guess. Don't let people get you down. I got my first GSD with small kids in the house. Granted, he wasn't like Grim! I'd have pulled my hair out and been crying every single day if I had small kids with Grim! Every shepherd is different. Just like every kid is different. Kudos to everyone who has stuck it out with a demanding shepherd pup to get to that great part of owning one!
Jag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 11:23 PM   #72 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I may have been to the point of tears with one of my girls, until I taught myself how to manage a real softie, but I never stopped posting because complete strangers on the internet made me feel bad.

I hate to say it, but this site is downright wussie to newbies now. When I joined back in '05, it was a whole lot different. You had to have a thick skin back then. Ah, the good old days, sigh.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 11:30 PM   #73 (permalink)
Master Member

Pats on the back and bones all around to all who have survived kids and puppies!!
readaboutdogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 12:04 AM   #74 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I wonder if the tables were turned. If puppies had thumbs and could write about us, I wonder what types of threads there would be: TOPICS, Sub-topics

TRAINING YOUR HUMAN
Are you a first puppy?
How to avoid the inevitable snip.
Who's being dragged to classes?
When to know when (giving in and pottying outside).
Get those nips in now young'ns.

THE FOOD COURT
..How much longer should I hold out and not eat these yuckie kibbles?
..Help! My human is a vegetarian!!!
..The male human doesn't like when I watch him eat, is this some form of human insecurity?
..I always feel sluggish after eating, do you think they are poisoning me?

LIFE WITH OUR HUMANS
Living with humans with young.
..How do I keep the little monsters away from my eyes.
..This kid keeps hanging on me and yanking my hair out!
..What do you think would happen if nip the little tyrant, just a little?
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 08:55 AM   #75 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SukiGirl View Post
I'll be honest, there are a handful of people on this site that are a little condescending to others...and as a first time dog owner and first time GSD owner I am often offended by the 'advice' I am given on here.

I would like to feel like I can share information and ask questions on this forum without being made to feel like I'm some idiot.

Just food for thought for all of you experts on here. I get it. You've had lots of dogs and plenty of experience. But what makes you a better dog owner than me, really?
I've been here for about 15 months. There were plenty of times, that I've been put on the defensive side of a verbal assault.
HOWEVER, as time went on I realized that the people that acted so condescending, where actually very passionate about what they were discussing. They're dog lovers, and very experienced, and I'm sure it can be very frustrating to keep telling people NOT to go to dog parks, and then read about how their dogs were attacked at a dog park the next day.

Looking back now, I'll say that as much as I've felt that there was a rudeness to some of the comments, it really didn't matter, because the advice was right!!!

Take it from where it's coming from. It's the internet, and not always easy to get your feelings across. The people here are seriously dedicated. Isn't that passion and expertise about the GSD breed the reason why you're here?

My advice to you and anyone else.... Take the condescending behavior with a grain of salt. Pay more attention to the message they're trying to send you.

They're right more times than not..... You just don't know it yet.
I can look back at a ton of my posts, and have a completely different perspective today.

Just for giggles..... I bumped into a new GSD puppy owner a few days ago. It was his first GSD. While he was telling me some of the things he does with his puppy, I wanted to choke him. So I do know how it feels to be on the other side too.

Last edited by Anthony8858; 12-14-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Anthony8858 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #76 (permalink)

Bella is 8 months now and I couldn't adore her more.. This wasn't always the case lol!

Bella was a nippy, bratty, demon puppy! You had to watch her like a hawk 24/7, and be firm with her or she would try to be the boss.

I regret saying I dreaded going home after work bc I knew what awaited me.. A crazy puppy that was out of control!

Now though.. She is perfect.. Well mostly, lol. She actually understands things now and listens pretty good. She will be calm and lay with me on the sofa.. Aww. And she's just more fun in general because I don't have to babysit her constantly. Whenever she learns a new command I just glow with pride..

Now I think I'm becoming a GSD snob, because I think she's better than every other dog I see.. Lmao.

I feel a real bond now with her that I hadn't felt before. This last month has been perfection!

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

Bella Von Sanders - Sable GSD - 04-21-12
Mocha, Josie, & Siri - three VERY spoiled house cats
dgray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 05:37 AM   #77 (permalink)

I don't know if I have replied here already?? But I'm in the shoes of hating my puppy..specially what have she done yesterday..scattering our garbage and make all the ravish into pieces..chewed my slipper and shoes.
What a nightmare..
My first reaction is grabbed my slipper and beat her in the ass..she runs inside her dog house very afraid..
I have a little hearth ache when I see those eyes but I have to teach her before he damage everything when she is off leash..
Am I that bad??
Btw,, she is my first dog and shes 4 months and its my first time to have a dog..
She already know how to obey me like no,yes, sit,lay down,stay and come.. But still she come to be annoying..
I just tell to my self patience.. Patience and sigh....

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com App
Umm Mohamed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 07:09 AM   #78 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umm Mohamed View Post
I don't know if I have replied here already?? But I'm in the shoes of hating my puppy..specially what have she done yesterday..scattering our garbage and make all the ravish into pieces..chewed my slipper and shoes.
What a nightmare..
My first reaction is grabbed my slipper and beat her in the ass..she runs inside her dog house very afraid..
I have a little hearth ache when I see those eyes but I have to teach her before he damage everything when she is off leash..
Am I that bad??
Btw,, she is my first dog and shes 4 months and its my first time to have a dog..
She already know how to obey me like no,yes, sit,lay down,stay and come.. But still she come to be annoying..
I just tell to my self patience.. Patience and sigh....

Are you horrible? I think you already know the answer that question. Can't be mad at 4 month old puppy, I have news for you it will get worse once the pup turns 6 months all the way until maturity. Get a trainer if you can't handle your dog properly and if you can't take care of it give it to someone who can.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
julie87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 09:51 AM   #79 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umm Mohamed View Post
What a nightmare..

Sadly, you beat the wrong thing with your slipper. Your pup needs to earn the right to be left unsupervised. Four months is far too young to be left unsupervised. She doesn't do bad things to spite you. She does them because she doesn't remember that they aren't allowed.
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #80 (permalink)
Elite Member

Hey how come the OP can say a$$??? I thought that was a no-no word????
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.