My guy's where both down at 8 weeks per breeder and also at 9 weeks per vet went back for second round of shots few weeks later one was up the other was down and they were both down again for the final set of shots. I would ask your breeder if they down at 8 weeks or so
All you can do is wait and see.if they were both down at one point then totally possible they will come down again. Confused how you were planning on both breeding yet neutering by 2 years of age?
Sorry to seem to be contradicting myself ... I was hoping to breed, but I was gonna wait til two to neuter him if I decided not to breed anyhow .. I just hate to have options taken away from me is all...
My baby boy: Yoschi vom Herzbach, winner of my heart
Sire: V1-Gildo vom Herzbach SchH3, IPO3, FH, KKL1"a"
Dam: V-Fenja vom Herzbach SchH3, FH, KKL1"a"
It only said if he had a genetic disorder she would replace him.
Well, if you went to court and argued it was a genetic disorder, you'd win, and I'm sure the breeder knows that. Not saying of course that you'd want to take it that far.
It's a not-at-all uncommon fault in certain lines of GSD's, and I've always heard/read it was genetic. The one time I took a pup home and forgot to check him -- our somewhat unfortunate GSD Kaiser -- sure enough, he only had one.
And it never came down either. That they can go up and down is a new one on me.
Last edited by Typhoon; 12-03-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Reason: Correct a typo.
Some will surely disagree, but it's not totally unusual for them to drop at 6-7 months. Some will tell you that if they are not down by 8-10 wks it's not going to happen. They are not correct. Breeders as well as experienced Vet's will confirm the 6-7 months. Yes it's common for 1 to pop up and down before dropping.