Height? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 09:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Height?

Its been hard for me to find information about what age puppies reach their height limit. I read the sticky about the height chart, but that doesnt really tell me when Stark will be done growing height-wise. He is now 9 months and it seems like he is at a standstill. He looks almost full grown except he looks like he still needs to fill out. But, my bf and I were noticing he doesnt seem as tall as we thought he would be. (Maybe just because his dad was very large) His dad is 95 lbs and very tall. So, my question is will he continue to grow taller as he fills out? And I thought I read somewhere that certain types of GSDs develop slower. (showlines/ worklines/lineage?) He is half showline, half workline. His mother is an American Showline and his father is a West German DDR/Czech workline. What can you tell from that about his development? Any input is helpful.
Cstout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Leyna didn't grow heightwise from 1-2, but grew 1/2 inch after she turned 2. I think it depends on genetics honestly.

At the rainbow bridge:
Zappa 12/27/00-1/23/12 You are my heart, my soul, and my best friend. You will be with me always.
Zeus 5/9/12-8/13/12 You taught me strength. Run free.
jaggirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 10:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

You really won't know...especially because he's a mix of lines. He could've gotten more of his mother's genes or more of his fathers at this point your guess is as good as anyone else's. I remember my boy topped out at around 9-12 months. He was still very skinny but I don't believe he's really grown in height since then. Probably has gained about 20 lbs since then with his chest puffing out and bones filling out a bit. Now he's 85 lbs. His father was 100 lbs, mother was 60. Mother's lines were all smaller (within standard) and so he's more like them.
martemchik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.