Baltimore police officer kills a dog that was already detained - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2014, 08:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Member

Default Baltimore police officer kills a dog that was already detained

I didn't want to put how he killed the dog in the title because it might really upset people. I know I was!

Baltimore police officer slashed dog's throat, authorities say - CNN.com

ETA: A follow up article on the other officer involved... http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#story...folo-20140619/

Last edited by Sarah~; 06-20-2014 at 08:55 AM.
Sarah~ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2014, 08:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Sinister ~ black male GSD 3.11.09
Draven ~ male Dalmatian 6.30.13
LaRen616 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2014, 09:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master Member

Saw that article. That was hard to read.
kbella999 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2014, 08:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

https://www.facebook.com/DogsShotbyPolice

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForNala

I was going to post this yesterday but was out of my mind with anger......

When are people going to finally have enough of Thug LEO's shooting-killing pets?? It happens once every 98 minutes. Go read about this one that went into a locked gated yard to execute a family pet yesterday https://www.facebook.com/JusticeforGeist

Since when are LEO's issued stiletto type knife's along with batons, tasers, pepper spray, and firearms??? I have no doubt this cop has used it before and or committed atrocities against people he's gotten away with....

He should have been arrested the second he slit that dogs throat. Or better yet some officer have the decency to stop him. Every one of them should have been fired. Unless one or two reported Bolger. Better late then never I guess. No doubt getting their stories (lies) in line.....

One other thing. How come you never hear of a Fireman killing someone's pet?? No matter what the size they just try and save them. If anything they are more liable to bite being scared out of their minds.....

>>>Just before they got to the scene, Bolger was overheard saying, "I'm going to gut this (expletive) thing," according to charging documents.<<< I hope this thing comes down with a horrid disease....
Kaos 8/6/2003-5/18/2013 Things not what they used to be. Missing one inside of me. Deathly lost this Cant be real. Cannot stand this H*ll I feel. Emptiness is filling me. To the point of agony..RIP Your paw prints burned forever into my broken heart.

Last edited by MaggieRoseLee; 06-20-2014 at 09:26 PM.
Fade2Black is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2014, 09:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

The man was arrested, put on leave without pay, and charged with felony animal cruelty, and other officers were appalled. Let's not attack all police officers because there are some bad apples out there. No one is covering up for the guy or making excuses for him. It sounds like justice will prevail here.

I am sorry the woman's dog got loose. I am sorry she bit a jogger. I am sorry that the dog met up with the wrong police officer, and it is highly unlikely that that police officer will ever be in the position to abuse his authority again.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2014, 10:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post
The man was arrested, put on leave without pay, and charged with felony animal cruelty, and other officers were appalled. Let's not attack all police officers because there are some bad apples out there. No one is covering up for the guy or making excuses for him. It sounds like justice will prevail here.

I am sorry the woman's dog got loose. I am sorry she bit a jogger. I am sorry that the dog met up with the wrong police officer, and it is highly unlikely that that police officer will ever be in the position to abuse his authority again.
It happens way to often so it's hard to trust. I personally know officers that have shot dogs on purpose and talked about it later like its a joke. There used to be a time when I respected all officers, but that changed long ago. I highly respect those that help and do the job right. I read the stories and 90% of them are preventable and never should have happened. I have witnessed the police bringing a dog into the vet in the trunk of their car and I did let them know how disgusted I was with them. I used to find dogs and bring them to the police station and those dogs always found homes there. Then the next generation of police started coming in and the difference was so noticeable. I never had an issue with the old school police , but I do not nor do I pretend to care for the new school ones, I have no trust for them. Trust is earned, without trust there is no respect. I love reading good stories about police because it gives me hope.
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2014, 11:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

sad but not even typical of your ever day police officer
every single day i read about how a police officer has helped a dog here or there and all we tend to see or dwell on is the bad stuff

this was just last month
http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2014/05/h...-from-highway/

as was this
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1796109

oh and this was like last week
http://www.wcvb.com/news/carver-poli...truck/26383568

all you have to do is look around

Last edited by my boy diesel; 06-20-2014 at 11:17 PM.
my boy diesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2014, 12:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Master Member

Yeah this officer was obviously just not right in the head or something... I know there are more good officers than bad, my stepdad has worked for the Seattle police department for more than 20 years, he was really upset when I showed him the article.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by my boy diesel View Post
sad but not even typical of your ever day police officer
every single day i read about how a police officer has helped a dog here or there and all we tend to see or dwell on is the bad stuff

this was just last month
Hero Motorcycle Cop Rescues Tiny Dog from Highway | Life With Dogs

as was this
SEE IT: Cops rescue save terrified dog trapped for 60 hours neck-deep in mud - NY Daily News

oh and this was like last week
Carver police rescue dog from submerged pickup truck | Local News - WCVB Home

all you have to do is look around

This is how they should all be, we shouldn't have to look around around. They are in positions to be trusted. There shouldn't be any bad apples in the bunch and the general population shouldn't have to worry if they might come across one of those bad apples. As a society we should not even have to accept the fact that there are some bad ones. When something like that becomes normal to see there is a problem. When we start to just look the other way and become blind to what is happening everywhere and more often everyday that is an issue.
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2014, 03:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

You can work towards that goal but it will never happen. People are people. Things happen. Someone is normal today and loses their mind tomorrow

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
lalachka is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.