German Shepherds Forum banner

Woman jailed for allowing dog to eat neighbour alive

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  lesslis 
#1 ·
Well, the title pretty much says it all. Article says the dog was at the point of eating plastic and cigarette butts from how hungry he was. She says he hadn't eaten for 45h but sounds like a LOT longer then that to me... I feel for the man who got killed, and for the dog who was shot. Some people just should not own dogs, and these two woman fit the bill. Twelve months in jail isn't nearly enough imo.

Women jailed for allowing dog to eat their neighbour alive - Crime - UK - The Independent

#11 · (Edited)
I swear it seems like the bigger the dog the is the stupider the "owner" can be! Maybe that should have an IQ test for people to have a dog over 130 pounds!

First questions would be...

Do you realize that "dogs" have to be fed daily? Yes or No?
Big dogs need a lot of food can you provide it ? Yes or No?
Dogs need to be trained? Yes or No?

Kinda tough questions to answer for some folks!:mad:

#12 ·
The Law has just recently changed in England, and these two women could have each been looking at 14 years in prison - which is a far more fitting period of time for this horrendous crime. As it is, the Judge was unable to pass this sentence retrospectively, so they got a year each.

The evidence showed that the dog had partially eaten the victim, and that it hadn't eaten anything else in at least 48 hours - but could have been longer. Personally I don't think this is an excuse for a dog to break through a fence into a neighbour's property attack, kill and partially eat a person. There was much more going on with that dog.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.