German Shepherds Forum banner

Parker County Woman arrested for Cruelty after shooting mother dog with puppies

3K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  Wicked Seraphim 
#1 ·
Update: Parker County arrests woman accused of killing dog, abandoning newborn puppies | Dallas Morning News

Update posted June 1 at 1 p.m. by Melissa Repko: A woman accused of shooting her dog to death and abandoning 10 newborn puppies was arrested early Sunday, the Parker County Sheriff’s Office said.
Tammy Green Douglas (Parker County Sheriff's Office)

Tammy Green Douglas, 44, of Springtown, was arrested Sunday on a charge of animal cruelty. She was booked into Parker County jail and released after posting a $3,000 bond.
Investigators found Aowa, a four-year-old heeler/shepherd mix, and Aowa’s 10 newborn puppies Wednesday morning in a cage located partially in a Springtown road. Aowa’s puppies were covered in blood and still nursing their mother’s dead body.
Parker County Sheriff Larry Fowler said investigators received numerous tips about the case that led to Douglas’ arrest.
Douglas told investigators that she grew agitated with Aowa, shot her with a .9 mm handgun near her home and abandoned Aowa’s body and her puppies on Raley Road, according to a news release.
“To a normal, caring human, this is an incomprehensible act,” Fowler said. “…Animal cruelty can never be justified.”
The puppies are unharmed and are in the care of Angels & Outlaws 2nd Chance Bully Ranch in Hico"

This lady is Scum Scum Scum

Jelpy

See less See more
#2 ·
I saw the report on Facebook yesterday, and my relief at knowing the person responsible was at least found helps take some of the heat away from the fire burning. What SCUM to do such a deplorable thing, truly SCUM :angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

#6 ·
I am glad they caught her. Guess she didn't want to waste eleven bullets. Or drown them in a bucket of water. If she would have just buried the bitch and pups, no one would have ever known. At least this hag will have to face the music.

She annoyed her. Hmph! She annoys me.

You're right Bridget, she's ugly too.

Inside.

#7 ·
Sad

This is so sad to hear. But I firmly believe that karma always comes back to you. It is sad that a life had to be lost but karma will get her and she will get her serving! :mad: She will face future hardships directly related to this AND indirectly related to this because of how she lives her life and the kind of person she is! R.I.P. to the mother of the pups.

#8 ·
Agree, karma is good. May this monster get hers. Happy to hear the pups are okay.

#11 ·
She just ain't right in the head:rolleyes:

As Selzer said, she could have buried all. But she put in a cage and left on the road.

Such a sad mental image of the pups nursing dead mother. Just shows the innocence of a puppy. Need.

Sad all around:(

#12 ·
I thought people were allowed to shoot dogs. What makes this animal cruelty?

Please don't jump on me. I think this is sad all around. I'm only asking because I keep reading everywhere how hard it is to get people for animal cruelty and that Amish puppy millers shoot their dogs all the time and nothing happens to them.

So don't take my question as me saying she didn't deserve to get arrested. I'm only curious from the legal standpoint.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#14 ·
Some places do not allow you to shoot your dog. Other places do. personally, shooting the dog was not the problem for me. Shooting a bitch with ten puppies and then leaving the puppies to die from exposure and starvation is what, in my opinion is cruelty to animals.

Shooting a bitch with 2 week old puppies is cruelty, because those puppies need their dam at that point. She is probably doing everything to keep those babies alive and some hag shoots her. That's disgusting. But if she was going to shoot the dam, than she should have quickly killed the puppies as well. Allowing them to suffer is beyond disgusting.

She had no way of knowing how long those puppies were going to be stuck in that crate with their mother who could not respond to their cries and pummeling. I hope she sees jail time for this. I doubt she will though.

#20 ·
Shooting your dog because it annoyed you IS animal cruelty IMO.

If the dog was extremely sick and was going to die a slow painful death or if the dog was vicious and attacked or bit someone for no reason then if you deal with that by shooting the dog then that is your way of dealing with it. I don't agree with it but everyone has different ways of handling things.

But to shoot a dog that is nursing it's puppies because the dog annoyed you? That is animal cruelty and disgusting and she deserves to rot in jail. :mad:

#23 ·
It isn't legal in the state of Texas to shoot your dog because it's annoying you:

Section 42.09 "Cruelty to Livestock Animals" and 42.09(2) "Cruelty of Non-Livestock Animals" of the Texas Health and Safety Code prohibits a person from intentionally, knowingly or recklesly cruelly treating an animal. The following actions define cruel punishment:
  1. Torturing an animal
  2. Failing to provide food, care or shelter
  3. Abandoning an animal
  4. Transporting or confining an animal in a cruel manner
  5. Killing, seriously injuring or poisoning an animal
  6. Causing an animal to fight with another
  7. Using a live animal as a lure in a dog race
  8. Tripping a horse
  9. Injuring an animal belonging to another person
  10. Seriously overworking an animal.
House Bill 653 and Senate Bill 1724, commonly known as “Loco’s Law,” went into effect September 1, 2001, making animal cruelty a felony and punishable by a $10,000 fine and up to two years in jail. The law was named for a puppy called Loco, whose eyes were intentionally gouged out. Prior to Loco’s Law, animal cruelty was not considered a felony under Texas law. Today, animal cruelty convictions are classified as either a felony or misdemeanor.

#25 ·
I see. So it's the reason for shooting that makes the difference?

ETA never mind. The law says it's illegal to kill period. You're saying you can't kill because it annoys you.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
I think the reason for shooting the animal should make a difference. For instance, some K9s have such a terrible time at the vet, that to take an seriously ill or injured k9 to the vet to euthanize it would be more inhumane than to take the dog out in the woods, and shooting it.

Shooting a dog because it annoys you? Some people are missing some major components, and she is one of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.