German Shepherds Forum banner

GSD's stolen from breeder in Douglas County, CO

5K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  Sunflowers 
#1 ·
3 reported stolen

DOUGLAS COUNTY - Three purebred German Shepherds were stolen from a private kennel late Friday night or early Saturday morning, according to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office.

The dogs were taken from Gunbil German Shepherds in Larkspur.

Police believe the thieves took the dogs between 10 p.m. Friday and 5:30 a.m. Saturday.
Link for the whole story:
3 purebred German Shepherds stolen in Douglas County

#2 ·
#15 ·
Gunbil has primarily WGSL dogs but they also have working lines. Only one was trained the other two were show dogs. My dog came from there and I have to assume the owner wasn't home because when you drive up and get out of the car the dogs all start barking or it was someone who works or worked there and knew the dogs. The local Colorado Springs news last night stated that several other dogs were also released from their kennels and left to roam. I hope the dogs are safe. So many crazy people out there.

#16 ·
I actually like Gunbil dogs, I hope the dogs are okay. I also think its someone who knew the dogs very well not to get bitten by any of them.

#19 ·
It also sounds as if the media is scaring it up a little bit with the aggression stuff. Glad one of the dogs has been found and returned. Hopefully the other two will surface soon.

#25 ·
Updated 6/9/2014: Gunbil just posted an update on Facebook. The third dog was found this morning in an abandoned house in Palmer Lake Co. He's a bit thin but otherwise he's fine.
Glad all three are back home. Poor pups . People are idiots.

#29 ·
I'm so relieved to know that the last dog was found and is ok, a pox indeed on whoever did this stupidity :angryfire:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.