German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Current Dog Affairs (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/current-dog-affairs/)
-   -   Right or wrong....good or bad? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/current-dog-affairs/434209-right-wrong-good-bad.html)

Saphire 04-05-2014 05:10 PM

Right or wrong....good or bad?

2 Months Later, This Toddler Is Still Napping With His Puppy | News-Hound

I have encountered numerous opinions to these pictures...what do YOU think?

boomer11 04-05-2014 05:17 PM

I think it's awesome. What's wrong with it? Basically like sleeping with a stuffed animal but a pup is 100x more cool

Freestep 04-05-2014 05:37 PM

Yeah, is there supposed to be something wrong with it?

Nigel 04-05-2014 05:53 PM

That's awesome!

Shade 04-05-2014 06:31 PM

Personally I think it's fine, they're both enjoying the nap together and no harm done.

David Winners 04-05-2014 07:39 PM

Thunder Buddies for life! I think it's fine as long as they remain acting appropriately in the rest of their interactions.

David Winners

Saphire 04-05-2014 07:48 PM

There is no wrong answer here. Everyone runs their households in their own personal way.
I did not allow any animals in my children's rooms when they were young. I wanted my kids to sleep well without a dog (we had 5) taking up space and/or bothering them. I have never shared my bed with my dogs for the same reason.

Would those that see this as Ok still think it was OK if the puppy's anus/penis was against the baby's face?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

onyx'girl 04-05-2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saphire (Post 5330969)
There is no wrong answer here. Everyone runs their households in their own personal way.
I did not allow any animals in my children's rooms when they were young. I wanted my kids to sleep well without a dog (we had 5) taking up space and/or bothering them. I have never shared my bed with my dogs for the same reason.

Would those that see this as Ok still think it was OK if the puppy's anus/penis was against the baby's face?

Looks like they are sleeping fine and not bothering each other. I don't think it would be appropriate to take photo's if the dog was in a position with his butt or penis in the childs face, why would you even go there with that question?
Kids and dogs(or cats) have grown up together forever....why is it a problem if they nap together?

Saphire 04-05-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onyx'girl (Post 5331097)
Looks like they are sleeping fine and not bothering each other. I don't think it would be appropriate to take photo's if the dog was in a position with his butt or penis in the childs face, why would you even go there with that question?
Kids and dogs(or cats) have grown up together forever....why is it a problem if they nap together?

My question has nothing to do with an actual picture being taken, but more for the hygiene factor. Looking away from the "cute" factor ie. worms, giardia etc. You can't control the child or puppy's sleeping positions unless directly supervising. Just a point that was brought up in another conversation.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

onyx'girl 04-05-2014 10:10 PM

The mouth would hold the same amount of bacteria.
If the child isn't compromised immune wise, I don't think there is any more risk than playing with the dog or handling the dogs toys.
Parents are putting their children in bubblewrap to keep them ubersafe. Without exposure to different germs and bacteria how can their immune systems gain strength?