German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Current Dog Affairs (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/current-dog-affairs/)
-   -   Bet he's glad his dog sleeps inside! :) (moved from gen inf) (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/current-dog-affairs/421505-bet-hes-glad-his-dog-sleeps-inside-moved-gen-inf.html)

Chip18 03-09-2014 04:27 AM

Bet he's glad his dog sleeps inside! :) (moved from gen inf)

Just to be a PIA to the my dog sleeps outside folks!:p

Hero Dog Saves Elderly Novato Man From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning CBS San Francisco

Susan_GSD_mom 03-09-2014 08:43 AM

I agree! Same with crating at night--they both would have died!

fredh 03-09-2014 09:10 AM

Our 2 Dogs (GSD and Mini Schnauzer) sleep with us in our room, between the bed and door. We sleep very soundly knowing they are there with us. I don't get people that have their Dogs sleep outside or in a crate!

SiegersMom 03-10-2014 12:12 PM

I crated at night only until I could trust him to not have accidents or chew things up. The main reason I keep him in at night is because I do not want to be woke up at 2a.m. when he starts barking at something:) I do feel more secure with him in the house though. He never barks inside at all...so I know if he barks,there is someone or something wrong in the house!!!!

Chip18 03-10-2014 03:40 PM

Seems to be kind of a cultural thing? Couple of threads from overseas, dogs sleeping outside is kinda common.
Less so in the states.

Kinda ironic that this story show up now! :)
My guy is pretty much within 15 feet of me if i'm in the house. He's pretty much not a barking only barks if something unusual is going on!

I only wonder why the dog chose to drag him out, instead of barking to wake him?

Maybe the owner is deaf or maybe the dog "thought..well if you want a job done right.... :)

GSKnight 03-10-2014 03:43 PM

I am surprised that no one has mentioned the improper fitting prong collar on the dog.

Mala 03-10-2014 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSKnight (Post 5168569)
I am surprised that no one has mentioned the improper fitting prong collar on the dog.

Hahaaa right?!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Chip18 03-10-2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSKnight (Post 5168569)

Maybe that's why the dog grabbed him by the arm instead of barking?Pay back time!:D

dpc134 03-10-2014 04:16 PM

Six displaced, dog dies in San Leandro duplex fire - San Jose Mercury News

By your same logic, just to be a PIA to all those inside hollier than thou people...

Chip18 03-10-2014 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpc134 (Post 5168849)
Six displaced, dog dies in San Leandro duplex fire - San Jose Mercury News

By your same logic, just to be a PIA to all those inside hollier than thou people...

Nothing wrong with being a PIA but that story is not cool! A dog dying trying to help his owner out off a jam fine. A owner losing his dog while trying to help him, not cool!:mad:

Just saying.