German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Current Dog Affairs (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/current-dog-affairs/)
-   -   So afraid for this dog... (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/current-dog-affairs/407418-so-afraid-dog.html)

KZoppa 02-06-2014 10:14 AM

So afraid for this dog...

BBC News - Afghan Taliban 'capture US military dog'

the above article crossed my newsfeed on FB today. I am so afraid for this poor dog. She knows she's not in a good place.

misslesleedavis1 02-06-2014 10:20 AM

No she is dead. They will kill her and make a spectacle of it. Avoid anything about her in the future it will only break your heart.

Bear GSD 02-06-2014 10:26 AM

So sad, I guess all we can do is pray and be hopeful for Colonel. I can't imagine a rescue mission for the dog :(

misslesleedavis1 02-06-2014 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear GSD (Post 4975514)
So sad, I guess all we can do is pray and be hopeful for Colonel. I can't imagine a rescue mission for the dog :(

I think they should attempy to rescue or make a deal to get her back, she did not ask to be put in that crappy spot :( and she is a valued member of the military.

Blanketback 02-06-2014 10:34 AM

If the article is correct, she was captured in Dec. and is still alive, possibly she's the dog seen with the Taliban commander? Maybe the fact that she's such a trophy will keep her alive? Or maybe her new owner will get very attached to her regardless of her status? These stories always depress me, so I try to stay positive.

Lilie 02-06-2014 10:40 AM

I really..really hope she's an escape artist.

mcdanfam 02-06-2014 11:27 AM

My heart is breaking.....:-(

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

KZoppa 02-06-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blanketback (Post 4975594)
If the article is correct, she was captured in Dec. and is still alive, possibly she's the dog seen with the Taliban commander? Maybe the fact that she's such a trophy will keep her alive? Or maybe her new owner will get very attached to her regardless of her status? These stories always depress me, so I try to stay positive.

I try to look at the bright side too but they REALLY don't favor dogs and cats. She's a trophy until she loses her usefulness. They're hoping that by using her and knowing that we know whats in store, enough pressure will be placed to give them something they want. They can form attachments all they want but they'll still use her as a means to an end. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilie (Post 4975658)
I really..really hope she's an escape artist.

I really hope so too.

DCluver33 02-06-2014 12:01 PM

poor baby :(

Germanshepherdlova 02-06-2014 12:50 PM

Poor girl.

My guess is that if those idiots have any brains at all they would use this highly trained dog to work for them. If they have any concept how to do that.