German Shepherds Forum banner

Cross-Country Skier's Dog Mistaken for Wolf, Shot and Killed

5K views 39 replies 28 participants last post by  bill 
#1 ·
#37 ·
this is a good clear example of why I have a flashing collar and the dogs have brightly colored vests for the rare times we go anywhere near a hunting area for hikes and such.

#38 ·
the worst was when a hunter was on a woman's property and she came out waving a white glove and was shot because the hunter thought her glove was a deer tail.
I remember this. The husband was so devastated & disgusted he moved back to Iowa. Particularly ugly was the way some locals blamed her for being shot & killed on her own property! Unbelievable!

#39 ·
Disgusting. I stay well away from hunting areas during the fall. Actually, one of my coworkers had a horse shot one year. A HORSE. On their property well away from any property line.

The so-called hunter said he thought it was an elk. Other than having four legs, there is NOTHING similar between an elk and a horse. Nevermind that the hunter didn't have permission to be hunting on their land to begin with.

I can't imagine what the elk farms around here have to deal with in Oct/Nov.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.