Justice for Joseph - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Justice for Joseph

Please consider signing and sharing this petition for stronger animal cruelty laws in OH. The hope is for change not only in OH but all states. Your signature matters no matter where you live. What happened to Joseph is down right disgusting. For those of you who don't know, Joseph is a severely abused, neglected GSD. Thankfully a rescue group was able to get him and he is recovering.

https://www.change.org/petitions/the...share_petition
Cats - Cricket, Mickey, Spartacus, Tiger, Josie, Ashton, Lily, Drake, Cooper, Tucker & Hank
arby665 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

For those of you on Facebook you can look up the "Justice for Joseph" page.
Cats - Cricket, Mickey, Spartacus, Tiger, Josie, Ashton, Lily, Drake, Cooper, Tucker & Hank
Old 11-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

As of now there are only 57 signatures needed to reach the goal of 30,000!
Old 11-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Joseph
Attached Thumbnails
Justice for Joseph-rasqgusflznwjna-556x313-nopad.jpg  
Old 11-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Even in Ohio, you are not allowed to leave a dog without food, water, or shelter tied to a tree. This guy broke the law and finally someone called and turned him in.

I am not sure why we need to pass more laws, when what needs to happen is enforcement of the laws that are already on the books. The neighbors will have to answer to their higher power to watch the dog continue to suffer as well without doing something before the dog was in the state it was in.

ETA: for those who think I am always on the side of abusers, I suggested to our state's senator at a meeting of our dog club that we make animal cruelty a felony, and he said the answer is not to just make everything a felony. Well, I don't know if we will get any decent response from our legislature, if that is their attitude. Time to hand out the pitch forks and whips and get to gether a mob.

Jenna, RN CGC & Babs, CD RA CGC HIC
Heidi, RA CGC
SG3 Odessa, SchH1, Kkl1, AD
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah

Last edited by selzer; 11-15-2013 at 05:08 PM.
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2013, 08:58 AM   #6 (permalink)

The whole idea of changes is to make the laws tougher and make this a felony. I was born and raised in Tiffin, OH and I never in my life saw an animal being treated like this. But suddenly we are seeing all these animal abuse cases in OH in the news. I don't think it is a new thing I think Joseph just helped get some news coverage and now the media is all over it and now OH is getting picked on. I don't know how anyone could just sit by and watch this happen. No, this isn't just a problem in OH. I'm now in AL and I've actually seen animals in rescue who went through this same type of ordeal. It is a problem everywhere and people need to be held accountable. We need to be the voice for those who have none. This needs to be a felony in every state.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post
Even in Ohio, you are not allowed to leave a dog without food, water, or shelter tied to a tree. This guy broke the law and finally someone called and turned him in.

I am not sure why we need to pass more laws, when what needs to happen is enforcement of the laws that are already on the books. The neighbors will have to answer to their higher power to watch the dog continue to suffer as well without doing something before the dog was in the state it was in.

ETA: for those who think I am always on the side of abusers, I suggested to our state's senator at a meeting of our dog club that we make animal cruelty a felony, and he said the answer is not to just make everything a felony. Well, I don't know if we will get any decent response from our legislature, if that is their attitude. Time to hand out the pitch forks and whips and get to gether a mob.
With this site I can never read anything but the last page. It never allows it. Because of that the full story can't be followed, however I agree. Follow the **** laws that you created you elite assholes.
Amet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Elite Member

Signed....no animal should be treated this way. Any updates on how Joseph is doing?

Stella-GSD 6/17/11
Ruben-Newfie/? mix 7/2003
katdog5911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Elite Member

Signed. Now lets all go get this guy and tie him to a tree without shelter, food and water and let him suffer. He deserves it. That poor dog doesn't and never did.
Nikitta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

The last I heard Joseph is still being treated for heartworm but is doing really well. He was moved to a foster home. He looks wonderful compared to the first picture of him. Thanks for signing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katdog5911 View Post
Signed....no animal should be treated this way. Any updates on how Joseph is doing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.