200 dogs found dead - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Elite Member

Default 200 dogs found dead

There are no words nice enough to say on this forum.

Deputies: At least 200 dead dogs found behind Goose Creek home - WCIV-TV | ABC News 4 - Charleston News, Sports, Weather

Pookie, Papillon 4/17/09
Kaiser, GSD 4/14/11
Verivus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 10:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Wow...
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

This guy better get some serious jail time.
GoSailGo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 10:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

He loved every one of those dogs.

I think that people get sick. It's kind of like anorexia where you can't see how bad you are looking. I think the animals go down by degrees, and they really can't see how bad it is.

But some of the dogs were shot, so they obviously saw that those dogs were seriously bad off. How terribly sad and disgusting.

They should both be charged with cruelty to animals -- felony charges. They need to go to jail.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 03:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Elite Member

This is just horrific!! And I think not only should the man go to jail but that woman deserves to go to jail too for having a hand in it! She knew what was going on! And you cant tell me that "you dont want a fat dog going after a deer" ... so what you want an emaciated dog running after a deer? My uncle has 6 hunting dogs 2 walker hounds, and 4 rabbit hounds and none of them are emaciated, lean yes, but you dont see any bones or anything, they are well taken care of and he hunts deer and rabbit.... I also have seen his buddies hunting dogs and they are the same... So what she says is absolutely bologna!
Old 02-16-2013, 04:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Elite Member

Well, local shelters put down hundreds of dogs per month. Ill withhold judgement.
volcano is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 06:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcano View Post
Well, local shelters put down hundreds of dogs per month. Ill withhold judgement.
Local shelters don't have over 200 dogs running around sick, starving, and neglected. They care for a dog until they can no longer hold it for a new dog, and they humanely euthanize the dog, not shoot it in the head and leave it to rot.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I'll just keep my opinions to myself, in fear of being banned from the forum.

But... really, Volcano? That's because HUNDREDS of different owners bring in HUNDREDS of dogs EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. (At least at our county shelter, which takes in an average of 200+ animals DAILY!) It's not ONE person's doing, like this is!
-Fastest 2012/2013 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
Konotashi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcano View Post
Umm yeah, put down as humanely as possible in most cases. Not shot in the head or starved to death.
LeoRose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Shot in the head really doesn't bother me. People can do that every bit as humanely as taking a dog to the vet. But starving dogs or otherwise not treating them so that they die painful and unnecessary deaths -- that is seriously grusome.

Some shelters still kill dogs in the following ways:
Heart stick -- pull them out of their kennels and stab them. I don't know if it is more humane or just cheaper than gassing them.

Gassing -- cramming as many live dogs into a chamber as they can fit in there and then applying gas for a period of time. Dogs that are still alive after the gas has been turned off and ventilated are gassed again. During dying I am guessing these dog tear on each other. I would rather get a bullet in my head than be gassed.

Shooting -- yeah it is still done some places, just not very common.

The needle -- this is where they have to use a vet or euth tech. They inject the dog with stuff that shuts down their organs. If you do this at the vet, they will usually put your dog into a deep sleep first, and then inject the rest of the concoction, but not always. I don't know if this is what they do at shelters or not.

They used to electrocute the dogs in Cleveland. I don't know when that procedure went out of fashion, but I am glad that it did.

I haven't heard of them starving dogs to death though, quite the opposite. Too often they take a dog who is at deaths door, nurse it back to health, only to find it has no home, now adopters, and shucks, now they have to euthanize a healthy dog. But, if they get the story out there about the dog, they might find someone to adopt it. So I hope those dogs that have already fought back from the brink of death are truly saved. I would probably put down the severely injured or terribly ill, and use the money to provide for more dogs that are euth'd every day just because there isn't space for them. But that make me cold.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.