man dumps "gay"dog - Page 5 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #41 (permalink)
Crowned Member

The reason I posted about Birk's was Perry Farrels rant on the Kettle whistle album! Someone threw a Birkenstock at him during a show.
"Oh, there's that same ________ again. I thought it would never come to this. But the guy threw a Birkenstock! I mean this guy is a real moron. He doesn't even understand fashion!"
http://janesaddiction.org/tour/show/...990-12-19/276/

Last edited by onyx'girl; 02-01-2013 at 10:02 AM.
onyx'girl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #42 (permalink)
dOg
Elite Member

well, good for this dog to no longer be near clueless and bigoted owner!
dOg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #43 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilie View Post
I have a pair of fur lined camo crocs....I wear them around the house all the time!!! What does that say about me??? LOL!
It says you have good feet! Most of the nurses I worked with wore Crocs. One even got me to try them on. I thought they were painful on the bottom of my feet. I'm still loving those Keen sandles. Have to see what spring brings.... I have several shoe requirements. They have to be comfy on the bottom, can't be open toed or open backed, can't be girly, and with the exception of sandles must me high tops. (I have very weak ankles) I used to be able to wear anything... but times have changed. I'll be working on my wife about the sandels. Especially if I could use them for more than just hanging out!

Jane- I'm not really familiar with that band. I hadn't heard that before, though. True- it's a waste of a good shoe!
Old 02-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #44 (permalink)
Master Member

I think the little guy is adorable. Kind of sick, what this guy did and why.

I wonder what would happen with Samson and Jake. Samson gets obsessive about Jake's "thing" and won't stop trying to lick it sometimes. Jake will start humping his face. It's really gross (at least to me) but neither of them is upset by it, so I figure it is just dogs being dogs and I ignore it.

I know homosexuality is prevalent in the animal kingdom but I really don't know how much this has to do with the actual behavior in question. Just a mixture of dominance-related things, greeting gestures, and generally just doing what "feels good." I don't think gender comes into play when it comes to animals doing what "feels good" - it would be more like what an earlier poster posted as an example, with his two male parrots who are mated for life.

I didn't see any of the removed comments so I apologize in advance if anything in there is "not on topic."
Draugr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #45 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draugr View Post
I think the little guy is adorable. Kind of sick, what this guy did and why.

I wonder what would happen with Samson and Jake. Samson gets obsessive about Jake's "thing" and won't stop trying to lick it sometimes. Jake will start humping his face. It's really gross (at least to me) but neither of them is upset by it, so I figure it is just dogs being dogs and I ignore it.

I know homosexuality is prevalent in the animal kingdom but I really don't know how much this has to do with the actual behavior in question. Just a mixture of dominance-related things, greeting gestures, and generally just doing what "feels good." I don't think gender comes into play when it comes to animals doing what "feels good" - it would be more like what an earlier poster posted as an example, with his two male parrots who are mated for life.

I didn't see any of the removed comments so I apologize in advance if anything in there is "not on topic."
You are correct. It's just dog behavior. Period. My wife's female humps air near a dog she wants to 'show dominance' to. It's pretty funny, actually. My parrots are truly mated. They shared a cage from the time they were babies with little human interaction until I got them. Being that they mate for life, they will grow old and die together. This guy was being a moron, and obviously has NO understanding of dog behavior. Dogs can do some strange things, and we tend to view their behaviors in 'human terms'. Unfortunately, sometimes that can lead to some serious consequences for the animals.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #46 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Yes, that guy definitely was a narrow-minded jerk. I'm so thankful Elvis was not pts! Dogs don't have gender or sexual identity, like people do. That's all us projecting our socially constructed ideas onto them.

Crocs are TERRIBLE for your feet!

Keens are great because they look great (love the bright colors!), are super comfortable and are multi-functional. In the summer they are my walking shoes. You can throw them in the washing machine when they get dirty or just hose them off. I sometimes hike in them and wear them kayaking too.

You can usually find them on sale online at REI outlet or Sierra Trading Post.

Rafi the malaroo
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/693238
Gio & Varda, the krazy kittens
....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
BowWowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #47 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

Thanks for the tip! If I get them on sale, I think I can slide them through, lol!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #48 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Dainerra

around the house is one thing. but in public.... I'm so sick of seeing them.
Especially in summer when they slip them off and they have the weird tanned foot pattern

lol
Dainerra is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #49 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I wear croc's every day at work and it is better than going barefoot(or in socks).
I clean homes and don't wear my street shoes inside, of course.
After many years of going without footwear, my feet started hurting.
So I bought crocs and they are great, cushion the ball of my foot, and waterproof. I can kick that darn vacuum around without stubbing my toes too!
Ugly, but who cares about fashion when I'm not in public....on my second pair now.

Elvis should have a pair to chew on!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.