ASPCA Pays Settlement in Racketeering case - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Default ASPCA Pays Settlement in Racketeering case

In case you don't know, Federal Racketeering laws were designed to fight organized crime. Completely appropriate, especially when you consider the tactics used by HSUS, ASPCA et al....and this is not an isolated incident. Simply one where the victims had the means to fight back.

Ringling Bros. Producer Gets $9.3 Mln ASPCA Settlement - Bloomberg

Anne
www.adlerstein.com
Vandal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

This is good news! Hope it opens people eyes, and closes their wallets to the AR agenda

Waiting at the Bridge
Eli GSD
Chopper APBT
Raphael GSD

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1007494

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/...ee/610245.html
Debbieg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

The ad campaigns by these organizations are heart rending....I cannot watch them....it is too bad that people do not realize the long term agenda of HSUS and PETA....

I have been behind the scenes quite a few times at RBBB - in every city, they have an on call vet clinic....so I got to go every year for over 10 years....and in the stabling area when ever they had a need for a vet...got to pet elephants, camels and even the tigers.....the animals are healthy, well cared for, responsive to their handlers [well camels are not particularly personable! lol lol] So glad to read this article.

Lee

wolfstraum.net

wolfstraum is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Around Christmas I saw an ASPCA commercial every 30 minutes or so. I noticed they use the SAME ANIMALS,EVERY TIME. There's no doubt animal abuse is real,but I think it's funny how they strategically air their commericals.
Gharrissc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gharrissc View Post
Around Christmas I saw an ASPCA commercial every 30 minutes or so. I noticed they use the SAME ANIMALS,EVERY TIME. There's no doubt animal abuse is real,but I think it's funny how they strategically air their commericals.
Yes and these adds do absolutely nothing to encourage volunteering or adopting from shelters They are just crafted to make you feel guilty and donate money to furthur an agenda which will hurt not help animals.

Waiting at the Bridge
Eli GSD
Chopper APBT
Raphael GSD

Old 12-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbieg View Post
Yes and these adds do absolutely nothing to encourage volunteering or adopting from shelters They are just crafted to make you feel guilty and donate money to furthur an agenda which will hurt not help animals.
I'm sorry, but this is misinformation. The ads raise money that the ASPCA does use, at least in part, tohelp with local adoptions through their grant program. Last I checked, shelters in at least 13 states were participating. This year, they partially funded several mass-transports of puppies out of my city's high-kill shelter in the Deep South to no-kill shelters up North. I think there were at least 120 puppies transported last year from our shelter to places where there were adopters waiting for puppies, through grants from them. Granted they didn't pay for all of it (we had to do local fundraising, as did the no-kill groups on the other end), but their grant money really made it all possible. It was a very successful program. Many of them had approved adopters waiting up North before the truck even left Louisiana. Nearly all would have been euthanized here. Do I wish they would do more, since they are flush with cash? Of course. I am grateful that they helped us though.

They also developed a "meet your match" system and a certification system used by many shelters. I think our shelter is moving to the "meet your match" system this year in hopes in increases adoptability. I also have a friend who's a member of one of their DART teams -- they've flown her out to assist in disaster zones to get pets to safety, hoarding situations to assist law enforcement in placing animals, etc.

It's okay to disagree with their politics, but they are active in assisting some public shelters--and not just in New York.
Magwart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
It's okay to disagree with their politics, but they are active in assisting some public shelters--and not just in New York.
This is about illegal, unethical, outrageous behavior...not simply about their politics, although that is certainly what drives it. I know of 9.3 million dollars that will not be funding grants or going to shelters. That's not counting legal fees, that their donors footed the bill for as well.

Money is better spent on local shelters so they don't need their "dirty" money. The methods they use to collect that money should be enough for anyone , (with a brain and ethics), to send their money elsewhere....where it will really benefit the animals.

This is not about cutting money off for shelters or animals that need it. It is about informing people where the best place to send money is...and it is NOT the ASPCA.

Anne
www.adlerstein.com
Old 12-30-2012, 06:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magwart View Post

I merely said that the ads do not say anything to encourage volunteering or adopting from a shelter. They simply show sad animals to pull on the heart strings and ask for money. They do not inform of us of how much of the money will actually go to help the animals.

Waiting at the Bridge
Eli GSD
Chopper APBT
Raphael GSD

Old 12-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
They also developed a "meet your match" system and a certification system used by many shelters
Yes, they are a smart bunch of people. They also developed a "paid witness system". lol. That didn't work out so well.

Anne
www.adlerstein.com
Old 12-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Oooohhhh. So they paid a witness. Sorry. I don't care. Circuses have been abusing their animals for YEARS. From taking a baby elephant away from its mother entirely to early and forcing it into training- which it does with ropes and bullhooks, to beating the animals to get them to comply, to forcing them to travel day after day, year after year in small box cars and cramped cages and all so people can be "entertained".

I stopped finding that entertaining years ago. So the ASPCA will have to pay for using so called "unethical" tactics. When is Ringling Bros going to have to pay for the blatantly unethical tactics they use against their animals?

Circus Animals: Abused and Dangerous | Britannica Blog

http://www.motherjones.com/environme...elephant-abuse

-Pippa Von Neurotic Butt- GSD
-Tessa- 11yo GSD- Waiting at the Bridge. RIP sweet girl.
DharmasMom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.