MO town seizes everyones Pitts for immediate death! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 12:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Member

Default MO town seizes everyones Pitts for immediate death!

This STUFF needs to stop now. This is completely outrageous. It could be GSDs next. Everyone should make all the noise they can to put a stop to such ignorant government control! I cannot even imagine what I would do if the city came and took my dogs, but I'm sure I would be in jail pretty fast. Over my dead body! Disgusting. Sick twisted people running our country that this is even remotely legal
Missouri Town Seizes Pet Pitbulls | FOX2now.com ? St. Louis News & Weather from KTVI Television FOX2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 12:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I didn't even read the story because I know it would make me sick I love the breed, but there are so many more people that don't. Its not the breeds fault, its the people that get them for the wrong reasons. Your right it could be GSD's next, but lots of people that own GSD's don't realize that there dog is right up there with pitts and the very thing that they approve for one breed might destroy another
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 01:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Knighted Member

This is so stupid! The people that are the problems are just going to get another breed. So they are not solving anything.
mycobraracr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 01:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedtrucker View Post
This STUFF needs to stop now. This is completely outrageous. It could be GSDs next. Everyone should make all the noise they can to put a stop to such ignorant government control! I cannot even imagine what I would do if the city came and took my dogs, but I'm sure I would be in jail pretty fast. Over my dead body! Disgusting. Sick twisted people running our country that this is even remotely legal
Missouri Town Seizes Pet Pitbulls | FOX2now.com ? St. Louis News & Weather from KTVI Television FOX2

I never like what I do sometimes!!! it is not a dog but the owner, but sometimes the owner wants a bad dog, THAT IS NOT GOOD!!!!
harmony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 01:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmony View Post
I never like what I do sometimes!!! it is not a dog but the owner, but sometimes the owner wants a bad dog, THAT IS NOT GOOD!!!!
I'm in a neighborhood FULL of those idiots This story has nothing to do with that... they took EVERYONES dogs that even resembles a Pitt. I should take a video when I walk my pups, Pitts tied to cinder blocks, inoperable cars..etc...every "gangsta" wannabe has to have one. It's not good, at all. And they are breeding them, puppies everywhere. That is a totally different subject than a town gov't seizing everyones dogs. Its a fine line, I agree. Change is needed, but murdering every dog in town IS NOT the answer. Nor is it acceptable.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:38 AM   #6 (permalink)

Poor pit bulls and pit bull mixes. I guess since it's illegal to discriminate against people, the prejudice found a new target. Cities can't outlaw German Shepherds because law enforcement and search and rescue uses them.
Mr & Mrs Kirkley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 03:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs Kirkley View Post
Cities can't outlaw German Shepherds because law enforcement and search and rescue uses them.
Yes they can. They can make it so that law enforcement and search and rescue will be the only ones that can have them....it wouldn't be hard to do at all
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
Old 12-07-2012, 03:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I seen this video once and I cried, so be warned This is what happens when the law goes in effect(the video is about the Denver Pitt Bull Ban)

Denver Pitbull Massacre 2011 by Kidwell Productions 2011.wmv - YouTube
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
Old 12-07-2012, 04:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Elite Member

Breed Specific Legislation is misguided and should not be supported. Most of these ordinances are passed on a city or county level and are used to target problem neighborhoods or populations. If pits are banned, another breed will become the "criminal" dog.
blehmannwa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blehmannwa View Post
Breed Specific Legislation is misguided and should not be supported. Most of these ordinances are passed on a city or county level and are used to target problem neighborhoods or populations. If pits are banned, another breed will become the "criminal" dog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by llombardo View Post
Yes they can. They can make it so that law enforcement and search and rescue will be the only ones that can have them....it wouldn't be hard to do at all

Exactly! In some not so good neighborhoods in Los Angeles you are already seeing the GSD population rising. Why? Probably because LE has them so they must be good. Do you think these dogs are coming from reputable breeders? Are they of sound temperment? Are they just doing the same thing they have been doing with pits and taking any two and breeding them?
mycobraracr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.