MO town seizes everyones Pitts for immediate death! - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

I may get flamed on this, but I can't say I have much of an issue on breed specific legislation (dangerous animals) to some degree.

I do feel that they should be focusing on the owner (who should and who shouldn't) and not the pet though. Homeowners should be allowed to own pets on their own land period. Taking ANY pet off that land or renters should require a special license (competence? financial? ect.) for the owner and pet.
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master Member

Owning a GSD and a Doberman I imagine I have 'high risk' dogs, but I can promise that no one will ever take my dogs anywhere. Ever. This article shows how ignorant people really are, it makes me so furious
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master Member

Very scary and sad

If anyone tried to take our Jake due to ignorance or without a legitimate reason, I'm certain both my husband and I would land in jail.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Terrifying. Horrifying.

I can assure you nobody would take my dog from me. Canada would have one less citizen and I'd be keeping my dog.

"May my enemies live long so they can see me progress."

www.germanshepherdguide.com
Wild Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Elite Member

This is just a sign of things to come.....

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1275860

Failure *is* success, if you learn from it.
PatchonGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Yes, it could easily be German Shepherds next. IMO all dog owners should be against BSL, but especially owners of breeds such as GSDs, Rotties, Dobermans because they can easily be the next ones to be targeted, especially if legislators are going to look at (flawed) dog bite statistics for guidelines on what breeds to ban...GSDs are often pretty high up on those lists, and there are already insurance companies that won't insure people(homeowners insurance) if you have a Shepherd.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I was just saying how sad it is that I am surrounded by stupid here. Open then and my assessment gets further confirmation. Horrible. I don't want no MO about now.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowen View Post
I may get flamed on this, but I can't say I have much of an issue on breed specific legislation (dangerous animals) to some degree.

I do feel that they should be focusing on the owner (who should and who shouldn't) and not the pet though. Homeowners should be allowed to own pets on their own land period. Taking ANY pet off that land or renters should require a special license (competence? financial? ect.) for the owner and pet.
German Shepherds are already on BSL issues, insurance companies, rental properties. BSL is not just pitbulls. Include rotties, dobies the list can go on and on.
Lakota - WGSD 1/13/10
kiya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Two counties over from where I live a couple months ago they made pitts illegal, from my understanding if you owned one prior to the ban you could keep it but knowone could not get one after the ban. I have to work in a bit but a friend of mine is coming over to take pictures for me of my orphans and one is a pitt (can't wait to show you). I can think of a few hard breeds but some dogs need direction to work and it depends on how you use the engery to get the results you want.
harmony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Now they don't have to grandfather in existing pets.

Which means, you can do everything according to the law, buy a pet that is not banned, license that pet, ensure the pet is properly vaccinated, trained, and managed within your property, and they can pass an ordinance banning your pet, and you will either have to move, sell your dog outside of the area, break the law and hide your pet, or give your pet up to be euthanized.

That is despicable.

If someone comes onto my property and takes my property away, I believe there is something in the constitution that protects property, protects against illegal search and siezure, and protects the life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Without dogs where is life, liberty or the pursuit of happiness?

There are a LOT of dog owners in the US. If ALL the dog owners stand up and fight for the rights of dog owners, then no legislature anywhere could pass such stupid laws. Unfortunately, there is a lot of bad press associated with certain breeds and people tend to connect them with criminal activity, and people who do not own these dogs do not feel the need to fight for them.

I wish people were smarter.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.