German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Current Dog Affairs (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/current-dog-affairs/)
-   -   Police officer abuses dog. Fired. Now reinstated. (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/current-dog-affairs/195243-police-officer-abuses-dog-fired-now-reinstated.html)

DogGone 11-27-2012 09:12 PM

Police officer abuses dog. Fired. Now reinstated.

I think I saw the original video posted here, I apologize if the follow-up stories have already been posted.

A while back I think there was a video link and story posted here about a police officer abusing (hanging & hitting) his dog. I get the impression that the video had to be leaked to the public before the Police Department would take action against the police officer. The police officer was apparently fired. But it seems the courts have reinstated him and have ordered backpay.

It just increases my distrust of authorities. It seems like the "good old boys club".

Police Sgt fired for abusing his police dog
LiveLeak.com - Police Sgt fired for abusing his police dog...heres the video

Trooper fired for kicking police dog wins again in court
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/10695875/

x0emiroxy0x 11-27-2012 09:31 PM

What bad people. Out of the 700,000+ police officers in the United States, I think you should base your opinion of all of them on these two people.

Better yet, don't call the "good old boys club" when you are being raped or burglarized....that will show them!

Gharrissc 11-27-2012 09:39 PM

I think you're way disallusioned to think that there are only 2 cops who have made bad decisions out all law enforcement. I'm all for law enforcement and have them in my family as well,but they are people just like anyone else. There are a lot of good ones out there,but also some bad ones as well. You need to get grip with the whole 'don't call them when you are getting hurt' stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by x0emiroxy0x (Post 2640973)
Better yet, don't call the "good old boys club" when you are being raped or burglarized....that will show them!

ShenzisMom 11-27-2012 09:44 PM

Really, there is making a point and then there's...that. How rude :( worse than rude, what a horrid thing to say! >:{

x0emiroxy0x 11-27-2012 09:48 PM

This is a german shepherds forum....why don't you take your cop-bashing elsewhere? How about you actually get off your computer and go make a complaint in person instead of hiding behind an anonymous username......oh wait...that would be too scary.

KatsMuse 11-27-2012 09:49 PM

This is a 4 year old case... started in 2007, ended in 2008 :confused:
(Just an update on his reinstatement in 2008 and back pay)

x0emiroxy0x 11-27-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatsMuse (Post 2640989)
This is a 4 year old case...:confused:

How sad .....

If you are that bored, I would google "fun free games on the computer"

DharmasMom 11-27-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

We have been confident from day one that Charles Jones was doing was he was told to do, what he was trained to do," said John Midgette, executive director of the North Carolina Police Benevolent Association. "These dogs are not pets. They are deadly weapons, and (if they are) not handled properly, people can get hurt innocent people can get hurt."
What kind of crap is this?? Of course they are not pets but that does not give that jerk the right to abuse the dog. He deserved to be fired and does not deserve the privilege of working in law enforcement. There is NO excuse for that kind of behavior. NONE.

Quote:

What bad people. Out of the 700,000+ police officers in the United States, I think you should base your opinion of all of them on these two people.

I understand you are young and I understand that your boyfriend in a cop. But I seriously think it is misguided of you to always rush to defend the police no matter what. Just like anything else there are great cops, good cops, bad cops and rotten cops. And it is situations like this that causes people to be mistrustful of the system and police. Instead of ranting at someone because they are becoming disillusioned of the police and the system when something like this happens, you should be ranting that not only is the cop getting away with it but now is being given his job back WITH possibly a quarter of a million dollars in back pay. It is things like this that tarnishes ALL cops and should NOT be tolerated, not just because it is horrific and the dog did not deserve it but because it does create mistrust and anger toward the police.

x0emiroxy0x 11-27-2012 10:45 PM

You understand I am young? LOL Nice attempt to condescend.

Ignoring that, I never once have said I think all police are good. I never once have made a post about how wonderful all police are.

I will continue to respond to ignorant and bashing posts like this that are posted out of mere spite (or boredom in this case) out of respect for my boyfriend and all the police officers who risk their lives every day for people like the OP who put them down constantly.

Like I have said many times before, a dog's life is not worth injury to a human. A dog IS a deadly weapon and while I don't believe in hitting my dog, I have never been a K9 Officer.

If this dog was not trained thoroughly and did not "OUT" correctly, the same people bashing police officer "cruelty" on this post would be bashing "poor training"

I am not condoning the treatment of this animal. I am merely saying that neither you nor I were there, and neither you nor I are k9 police trainers.

Continue to read poorly written news stories on the internet in your free time...but I would suggest not bringing them up when speaking with friends that have any amount of intelligence, unless you are questioning the validity of the story.

Tank_N_Moose 11-27-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

I usually just look around, read a bit and leave but I had to log in just to say this... Why is it every time a cop incident pops up on this site you come out swinging? If it is a pit bull getting shot you hate on the breed. If it is another dog incident it's "Don't judge everyone from this one cop!" If you're going to holler about everyone judging from a few incidents (which mysteriously seem to be happening more and more lately) perhaps you should listen to your own advice.

Either people and dog are individuals or they should all be judged in one group. Please pick a road and stick with it.

I don't mean to be a jerk but some of the stuff you say is messed up and unfair.