Police officer abuses dog. Fired. Now reinstated. - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas!
Posts: 1,483
This weekend in Houston I saw over 8 pitbulls, 4 german shepherds, and over 10 random "large" dogs roaming the streets in my grandma's neighborhood.

If any of these dogs so much as growled at her and started walking towards her, you better believe I will shoot it with my pistol within 3 seconds.

You want your dog to live, socialize it and keep it in your backyard. No dog is worth my grandma or loved ones being hurt.
x0emiroxy0x is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 10:50 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas!
Posts: 1,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank_N_Moose View Post
I usually just look around, read a bit and leave but I had to log in just to say this... Why is it every time a cop incident pops up on this site you come out swinging?

my boyfriend is in the police academy and I am one of the few people on here that is related to a police officer or has any idea (at all) about the training and procedures of police officers

If it is a pit bull getting shot you hate on the breed.
It is "hating on the breed" because 60%+ of dog attacks are by pitbulls?

If it is another dog incident it's "Don't judge everyone from this one cop!"
Look up how many cops shoot dogs a year. Perhaps then you will understand.

If you're going to holler about everyone judging from a few incidents (which mysteriously seem to be happening more and more lately) perhaps you should listen to your own advice.
This story is from four years ago.

Either people and dog are individuals or they should all be judged in one group. Please pick a road and stick with it.
You are in denial (or Angela from the office) if you think people and dogs can be compared as individuals. Dogs are animals. They do not have souls. They do not go to heaven. They are not individuals. They are bred to have certain traits within breeds.

I don't mean to be a jerk but some of the stuff you say is messed up and unfair.
You are not a jerk for stating your opinion. Just a little confused.
...

Last edited by x0emiroxy0x; 11-27-2012 at 10:57 PM.
x0emiroxy0x is offline  
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 11:14 PM
Knighted Member
 
TrickyShepherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 2,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by x0emiroxy0x View Post
...my boyfriend is in the police academy and I am one of the few people on here that is related to a police officer or has any idea (at all) about the training and procedures of police officers
What?... Where on earth did this statistic come from?

Actually I know many on here that are LE, related to LE, married to LE, or surrounded by them through friends. Just because we all don't come out and state it every chance we have... doesn't mean we are blind to the "LEO world". I don't know where you pull the statistics that no one else but you understands.

My brother is LEO, many in my family have been in LE, our friends are, and so are many at my training grounds (we work with the central FL k9 officers and my trainer gets them certified). I can tell you right now, every one of them has stated the MISTAKES made by either them or other LE. None of them think they are higher than thou, and all of them are aware of cops that may be a bad egg. It happens... If they can admit to it and actually BE an LEO.... why should everyone on here be hush hush every time there's something fishy that happens or a wrong decision made?

So much you have said on this forum on these topics is incredibly harsh and misplaced.

Alyssa
-Zira (01/09/11)
-Pakros von Jagenstadt "Duke" (01/06/10) -CGC
-Storm vom EnZ (05/16/12)
TrickyShepherd is offline  
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 11:24 PM
New Member
 
Tank_N_Moose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Shreveport LA
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by x0emiroxy0x View Post
...
Your boyfriend has nothing to do with this. I'm military. If someone in the military shoots a bunch of innocent people my husband doesn't jump to my defense. People are individuals so what they do doesn't mean I need defending and neither does he.. I know the training cops go through as well. A lot of it is like ours.

Pit[ bulls take up a lot of statistics. BECAUSE THERE ARE A LOT OF BREEDS THROWN INTO ONE GROUP! Pit bulls aren't like GSDs. There's not just one breed wreaking havoc all over the place. American Pitbull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier and Staffordshire Bull Terrier, and AM Bullies. If we counted GSDs, Malinois, Dutch shepherds, and anything else brown, fluffy, and with standing ears GSDs statistics would sky rocket too. And another little fun fact: Pit bulls types are also the most abused breed. The amount of dogs that have bitten don't even come close to the amount that have been beaten, burned, fought, stabbed, and other abuses I care not to type out.

At least 18 this year. I am for sure missing some and am also not counting the cops that have left their own dogs in their cars to die from heat. How many times have dogs bitten cops with proof past "I feared for my life!"?

That doesn't account for the others from this year including the recent thread about Chloe.

If dogs have issues bred into certain breeds then you should be concerned. Our breed of choice is bred to be man biters. Pit bulls weren't. I'll leave the souls bit alone regardless of the fact dogs have proven time and again their soul by diving in front of danger for us without being trained.

Last edited by Tank_N_Moose; 11-27-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Tank_N_Moose is offline  
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 11:33 PM
Knighted Member
 
DharmasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by x0emiroxy0x View Post
You understand I am young? LOL Nice attempt to condescend.

Ignoring that, I never once have said I think all police are good. I never once have made a post about how wonderful all police are.

I will continue to respond to ignorant and bashing posts like this that are posted out of mere spite (or boredom in this case) out of respect for my boyfriend and all the police officers who risk their lives every day for people like the OP who put them down constantly.

Like I have said many times before, a dog's life is not worth injury to a human. A dog IS a deadly weapon and while I don't believe in hitting my dog, I have never been a K9 Officer.

If this dog was not trained thoroughly and did not "OUT" correctly, the same people bashing police officer "cruelty" on this post would be bashing "poor training"

I am not condoning the treatment of this animal. I am merely saying that neither you nor I were there, and neither you nor I are k9 police trainers.

Continue to read poorly written news stories on the internet in your free time...but I would suggest not bringing them up when speaking with friends that have any amount of intelligence, unless you are questioning the validity of the story.

Did you actually watch the video? Because it really sounds like you are actually DEFENDING the way this dog was treated??

As for your comment about being one of the "few" that are related to an LE. That is patently untrue and either you just don't pay attention to what other people post on here or you have a very short memory. We have several LE officers including K9 officers both active and retired and we have quite a few who are in someway related to one- including me, as I have told you multiple times.

It is your blind willingness to excuse cops, no matter what, that is really offensive. Cops are human too. Yes, they put their lives on the line but it is a job they CHOSE to do. Therefore they absolutely should be prepared to conduct themselves to a higher standard to set the example for the public they serve. And when they are caught breaking the law they should be punished just like anyone else, if not harsher.

And if you do not believe there is a "good old boy system" than you do not have your eye open or perhaps since your BF is not yet out of the Academy, you have not seen it in action. A friend of mine is married to a cop. A cop who used to have a drinking problem. Several years ago he was pulled over driving home drunk. BECAUSE he was a cop, he was not charged- absolutely nothing. They called his wife to come get him and that was it. It was not even reported to his higher ups. So please don't act like cops don't get treated differently. They do.

Had this video been made by someone who worked as Walmart, people would have been calling for his head and he most likely would have been arrested and criminal charges of animal cruelty filed. Instead he was just fired and now the court wants to give him his job back. That doesn't even make sense.

Debbi-
Mom to:
-Dharma Van Fluffy Pants GSD
-Pippa Von Neurotic Butt- GSD
-Tessa- 11yo GSD- Waiting at the Bridge. RIP sweet girl.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DharmasMom is offline  
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 11:48 PM
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,466
...
KatsMuse is offline  
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 04:15 AM
Elite Member
 
ShenzisMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Brampton, ON
Posts: 1,075
Whao. Really? No wonder the older generation have no faith in us, when instead of debating with facts ( real facts, not made up numbers/assumptions) all they see is mismanaged anger what really comes down to a tantrum.

We are probably the same age, but you have a lot to learn. You are young. Some of your comments are downright mean.

It's too bad, that day after day I see more kids like you, with no ability to properly communicate, and resort to childish tactics.

Grow. Up.

-Cassie
Shenzi the GSD
Scruffy the woofing terror

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Zira “To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.” -J.K Rowling
ShenzisMom is offline  
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 06:59 AM
Master Member
 
julie87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 744
What a sad story...how is hanging and beating a dog going to train his dog and who videotaped this? So he is a cop and of course he gets away with it. Seriousely, I had a very bad experience with a cop once he was a complete ass, and Im glad I told him off!!! anyway ...Although most of the police are amazing people and I have lots of respect for them. I am not sure what this cop was doing to his dog and for what reasons but it will never be OK in my eyes. How can a cop torchure his dog one day and another go and save lives? Of course, cops aren't perfect and some are criminals themselves, I think sometimes we get the idea that cops are these heros who never do anyting bad ...well they actually do...And I wouldn't want to get the help from that particular cop if I was raped or robbed, I would want somebody who doesn't beat his dog!
julie87 is offline  
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 07:13 AM
Crowned Member
 
llombardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,854
You are in denial (or Angela from the office) if you think people and dogs can be compared as individuals. Dogs are animals. They do not have souls. They do not go to heaven. They are not individuals. They are bred to have certain traits within breeds.

I can't even write what I want because I would be banned Just know because YOU feel this way that it doesn't mean that everyone else does. Animals live, breath, and bleed just like you and I.

Misty- Samoyed Mix, Tannor- Golden Retriever CGC
Robyn- GSD CGC, TC, Midnite-GSD CGC,TC, Brennan-Golden Retriever CGC, Batman-Husky/Greyhound , Apollo-GSD
llombardo is offline  
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 07:19 AM
Crowned Member
 
llombardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by x0emiroxy0x View Post
This weekend in Houston I saw over 8 pitbulls, 4 german shepherds, and over 10 random "large" dogs roaming the streets in my grandma's neighborhood.

If any of these dogs so much as growled at her and started walking towards her, you better believe I will shoot it with my pistol within 3 seconds.

You want your dog to live, socialize it and keep it in your backyard. No dog is worth my grandma or loved ones being hurt.
If this is the case, this is a sign that the neighborhood in general is not to good and maybe Grandma should move?? I'm thinking that since you care so much that maybe you called animal control?? I suppose that would be the smart thing to do.

Misty- Samoyed Mix, Tannor- Golden Retriever CGC
Robyn- GSD CGC, TC, Midnite-GSD CGC,TC, Brennan-Golden Retriever CGC, Batman-Husky/Greyhound , Apollo-GSD
llombardo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome