Another dog shot by police (non GSD) - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Default Another dog shot by police (non GSD)

I saw this report on the Denver news this morning and it made me sick!
I can't believe that police officers would go this far after capturing the poor dog Warning the video is graphic.

WARNING: Graphic video - Home video shows police killing dog after being captured | 9news.com--

On top of that I saw a poor dog dead on the side of the road this morning, this is not a good start to the day for me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

That is awful! The dog looks scared, not viscous.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Very sad that they killed this dog after it was already caught and they tased it twice, why did'nt they just shut the garage door it was in it own. It can be very bad if your dog gets out or opens the garage door while still in there because they might shoot it 5 times, like this one.
Midnight12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 08:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Go on youtube and look up "pitbulls attacking cops" or "dogs attacking cops".

Maybe that will help you realize why officers shoot the dogs before they are injured.

There are the few cops that are animal haters or power hungry, but it is offensive that people constantly make posts about how the "cops in general" have shot another dog.

Don't call 911 when you are robbed or dying if you have such a problem with cops.

Sheesh.
x0emiroxy0x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0emiroxy0x View Post

Maybe that will help you realize why officers shoot the dogs before they are injured.

There are the few cops that are animal haters or power hungry, but it is offensive that people constantly make posts about how the "cops in general" have shot another dog.

Don't call 911 when you are robbed or dying if you have such a problem with cops.

Sheesh.
Oh boy here we go again. I refuse to watch this video because I know its gonna be bad. This has nothing to do with animal haters or power hungry..it really is just common sense. I did a general search of the videos you requested and there were a handful, now lets look up Cops killing dogs(I can list about 20 of them)...wow pages and pages. Its really sad and in this day and age really not needed. I don't understand how you can think because a person thinks a cop is wrong for shooting a dog that they shouldn't feel like they can call the police?? We, the general public pay there salaries and there duty is to serve and protect. People are entitled to opinions. People feel just as strongly if a regular person shoots and kills a dog..a good example is Drake that was shot multiple times during a attempted robbery. Most people in general do not like it when a dog is shot and it doesn't matter if it was a regular person or a cop.
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Elite Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Twyla

Quote:

Sheesh.
It is offensive that you come on here each time there is a post about LEO shooting a dog and start with the "Don't call 911 when you are robbed or dying if you have such a problem with cops."

In the case of this story, there is every reason to question why the dog was shot.

It is understandable that you will quickly become defensive of LEO actions since that is the field your BF is in, however that doesn't change the fact that questions should be raised as needed.
Twyla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:

Sheesh.
Right. Because cops are all such great people who would never falsify reports, lie about anything or try to cover up wrong doing. I keep forgetting the badge makes them gods.

Jelpy
Old 11-26-2012, 11:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twyla View Post
It is offensive that you come on here each time there is a post about LEO shooting a dog and start with the "Don't call 911 when you are robbed or dying if you have such a problem with cops."

In the case of this story, there is every reason to question why the dog was shot.

It is understandable that you will quickly become defensive of LEO actions since that is the field your BF is in, however that doesn't change the fact that questions should be raised as needed.
DITTO!

My husband is in the military, that doesn't make every soldier a God. There are bad apples everywhere and one has to acknowledge that.
Mrs.K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 11:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:

Sheesh.
Not all police are perfect or right. There is good ones and bad ones. Lately around here they seem pretty trigger happy, even shooting one of there own guys before making sure he was not a bad guy. This dog was alresdy caught and it was for sure not nessasary to shoot it 5 times
Midnight12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llombardo View Post
Oh boy here we go again. I refuse to watch this video because I know its gonna be bad. This has nothing to do with animal haters or power hungry..it really is just common sense. I did a general search of the videos you requested and there were a handful, now lets look up Cops killing dogs(I can list about 20 of them)...wow pages and pages. Its really sad and in this day and age really not needed. I don't understand how you can think because a person thinks a cop is wrong for shooting a dog that they shouldn't feel like they can call the police?? We, the general public pay there salaries and there duty is to serve and protect. People are entitled to opinions. People feel just as strongly if a regular person shoots and kills a dog..a good example is Drake that was shot multiple times during a attempted robbery. Most people in general do not like it when a dog is shot and it doesn't matter if it was a regular person or a cop.

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1275860

Failure *is* success, if you learn from it.
PatchonGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.