Retired K9 shot in his own home! - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2012, 07:43 AM   #21 (permalink)
Master Member

I've been following Drake's progress on FB. Prayers that he makes a full recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 07:57 AM   #22 (permalink)
Master Member

Poor Drake...speedy recovery for him! And the guy who did this to him...should be dealt the same treatment he gave to the dog but not with a happy ending...
Diesel-GSD
Old 11-23-2012, 09:21 AM   #23 (permalink)

I'm following the story on FB as well....GUTWRENCHING!! I have "Liked" the vet clinic's page and they are posting regular updates. The vet who's care he is in is flying him to Gainesville, FL this morning because he is a pilot. There is fluid on his lungs and they are very concerned. They may have to do another emergency surgery.

Oh, how I hope this guy pulls through!! Here's their FB status as of an hour ago:

"UPDATE on DRAKE:

Drake is a bit more alert this morning. However he is still building fluid in his chest. Dr. Simmons is flying him to Gainsville this morning to see a team of experts for a problem with his esophagus from one of the bullet wounds. Please continue to pray for him!"

If you want to "Like" their page to see their updates it's: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Simmo...52664101494068
PiedPiperInKC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #24 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Vet flying former police dog Drake to Gainesville now;... | www.palmbeachpost.com
RebelGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 11:39 AM   #25 (permalink)

Default GSD Lovers - Please Help This Story Go Viral on K9 Shot 4 Times Clinging To Life!

Hi Everyone!

Many of you probably have heard - and more haven't - about the story of Drake, the 5-yr old retired K9 that was beaten and shot 4 times at point blank range while trying to protect his home while his trooper, owner, was at work. Thank GOD the thug was caught - but Drake is still fighting for his life and needs all the thoughts and prayers coming his way that he possibly can!

I just created a FB page to help spread the word about his story so we can make it go "viral" and get him all the thoughts and prayers he deserves!! This morning, the vet who is caring for him actually flew him to Gainesville, FL (he is a pilot, too!) to do a CAT scan and possible emergency surgery - as his lungs are now filling with fluid.

I do not know Drake - I am just a TRUE GSD lover through and through and I have a strong marketing background - especially on Facebook! I KNOW that with social media we can form an army to help fight for this guy's life - as he SO deserves every chance he can get!!

Just go to: www.facebook.com/PrayersForDrake and click "Like" at the top....then go to the settings wheel under Drake's photo and click the "Share" button to spread the word!

Thank You!!
Attached Thumbnails
Retired K9 shot in his own home!-drake.jpg  
Old 11-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #26 (permalink)

I am all for this, I totally support you. I do wonder, however, why a retired K9 wouldn't have similar benefits as retired police officers do medical wise. They are considered police officers when they're on duty, people can be charged for assaulting a police officer when they assault a k9. I guess I just always naively assumed a k9 dog would be taken care of by the dept during/after it's public service.
FirstTimeGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
Great! I hope the bite gets infected or is bad enough the perp has to seek medical treatment and is arrested while doing so.
You're much nicer than I am. I hope the bite gets infected and the little SOB dies. This "kid" was caught due to the monitoring bracelet he has to wear from his last crime.
KentuckyGSDLover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #28 (permalink)
Knighted Member

There's another FB page set up for Drake.
As of this morning he is still hanging on but the vets are worried that one of the bullets may have nicked his esophagus.

Here's the new page.
http://www.facebook.com/PrayersForDrake
Nikki (Polydactyl kitty) 6/15/07

~ Chasing your tail gets you nowhere ... 'cept back to where you started ~
http://www.youtube.com/GSDGunner
GSDGunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #29 (permalink)

Default 71 "Likes" In Only ONE HOUR!!!

WOW....thank you to all of you who have "Liked" this page already!!! It's really picking up speed - and Drake was flown this morning to Gainesville, FL for possible emergency surgery by the vet himself - as he is a pilot!! They are very concerned as he has lots of fluid in his lungs - so we need to spread the word so we can get as many thoughts and prayers coming his way as possible!!
Old 11-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #30 (permalink)

I'm hoping that he continues to recover & that they catch & convict all that were involved!
NWHeather is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.