German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Current Dog Affairs (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/current-dog-affairs/)
-   -   K9 Deuce laid to rest (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/current-dog-affairs/194670-k9-deuce-laid-rest.html)

GSDGunner 11-19-2012 09:01 AM

K9 Deuce laid to rest

I admit it, I cried like a baby watching this on the news the other night. What an emotional goodbye.

RIP Deuce and thank you for your service.

Atlantic City K-9 laid to rest - NBC40.net

Mrs.K 11-19-2012 09:11 AM

Oh my gosh. I am crying like a baby.

Tissue Alert.

This is so sad, yet so beautiful how he is honored.

GSDGunner 11-19-2012 10:29 AM

I started choking up within the first few seconds and was full blown crying within seconds after it. I watched this on the news as it aired.
Gunner knew something was wrong, like he always does and came and sat between my legs while I watched and cried.

I think it's wonderful how they lined up the past and present K9's to say goodbye. It's like a doggie salute for a job well done. Broke my heart and warmed it at the same time.
Happy meal for his last meal. :)

I hope they honor my next door neighbors dog like that when his time comes. Bosco served many years with Deuce on the Atlantic City police force. Bosco retired several years ago and you can see the age creeping in. He's 10 or 11 now.

TommyB681 11-19-2012 10:49 AM

Heartbreaking yet incredible. A hero laid to rest.

Lilie 11-19-2012 11:36 AM

Although it is hard to watch, it does give you a sense of the amount of respect and honor these dogs deserve.

RIP Deuce. Thank you for your service.

Courtney 11-19-2012 12:11 PM

I love how the law enforcement community, family and friends celebrated K9 Deuce's outstanding career and paid respect to him...what a wonderful send off from this world.

GODSPEED

GSDGunner 11-19-2012 12:22 PM

Here's a great story of Deuce and his handler Bill, written before Deuce's passing.
The Perfect Street Dog -

A small excerpt:
During his career, he made an outstanding sixty-four (64) physical apprehensions and forced 236 suspects to surrender to police. That’s right, SIXTY FOUR apprehensions….. Like I said…..LEGENDARY. In 2005, after receiving what could best be described as a plethora of commendations, medals, numerous positive press articles and just an overwhelming amount of recognition from both the public and from within the police profession, K9 Deuce was nominated into the K-9 Hall of Fame by staff members of the Somers Point Veterinary Hospital.

Kayos and Havoc 11-19-2012 04:20 PM

What a sad and touching tribute to honor this hero. RIP Duece.

1sttimeforgsd 11-19-2012 04:27 PM

I would not watch the video, I can tell from the posts that it must have been beautiul. I do not want to go to a sad place right now, just wanted to say Run free precious Deuce, run free. :rip:

FrankieC 11-19-2012 04:33 PM

Ohhhh boy. That was not easy. :( But what a beautiful tribute to an amazing dog.

RIP Deuce.