Shot twice in the head and then buried alive - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Elite Member

Default Shot twice in the head and then buried alive

Shot twice in the head and then buried alive: Phoebe, the dog who cheated death twice

• Two-year-old buried up to neck in dirt outside vacant home in Tampa
  • One bullet pierced her forehead while the other entered under her eye
  • Luckily they only damaged soft tissue and she is not brain damaged

Phoebe the pit bull cheats death after being shot twice in the head and buried alive | Mail Online

Good lord!!!!
GregK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

That is beyond messed up!

Perry said animal cruelty was endemic to the area, but was confident there elements in the community who wanted stamp out such activities.

Read more: Phoebe the pit bull cheats death after being shot twice in the head and buried alive | Mail Online

This statement from the article makes me hope she is relocated and adopted out elsewhere.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

The dynamics of taking a creature that trusts you, somehow immobilize them, and then shoot them and then leave them to suffer and probably die is highly disturbing.

Is it having total control or power over something? Is it injuring or killing something that trusts? Is it being fixated by watching something struggle or suffer?

We would be better off without such creatures -- the animals that commit these atrocities.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah
selzer is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knighted Member

This is so sad...seems to be an epidemic of stupid going around.

I had started a thread of an animal abuser sent through facebook in chile. Instead of the thread being about the actions of the abuser, it turned to opinions that the reactions of people who took offence to the abusers were the ones who were a problem.

Interesting to see where your thread goes
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
GatorBytes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBytes View Post
This is so sad...seems to be an epidemic of stupid going around.

I had started a thread of an animal abuser sent through facebook in chile. Instead of the thread being about the actions of the abuser, it turned to opinions that the reactions of people who took offence to the abusers were the ones who were a problem.

Interesting to see where your thread goes
I noticed that, and I really don't care. There is nothing wrong with people being angry and wanting justice when something that requires our attention, care, protection is heinously violated. It does not make us murders or freaks or crazies to want them to suffer pain or to be killed in order that they cannot do the same to others.

Generally I would not want a human being to be killed for killing a canine or other animal. But killing is one thing, even if they do it while committing a crime like selling drugs, or even deliberately to get rid of a drug dog. I know that is awful. I think those people should go to prison for a good long time, but I just don't see it as the same as people who will torture to death a live thing to watch it suffer. Those people are just getting started, and I have no problem with the idea of snuffing such a one out before the graduate to human being, babies or children or women. It will never happen of course, but I just don't see any place for such evil ones. And yes evil is a strong word.
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah
Old 11-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Elite Member

I'm sure this will not be a popular comment, but I think that anyone who is capable of doing something like this to any other living creature, should have their life taken from them. They will never be anything more than a burden and a danger to society. Cruelty of this caliber makes it clear that this was not this persons first time doing something cruel and its highly unlikely it will be their last.

Its a miracle this dog survived, I hope she finds her forever home, bless her heart.

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1275860

Failure *is* success, if you learn from it.
PatchonGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchonGSD View Post
I'm sure this will not be a popular comment, but I think that anyone who is capable of doing something like this to any other living creature, should have their life taken from them. They will never be anything more than a burden and a danger to society. Cruelty of this caliber makes it clear that this was not this persons first time doing something cruel and its highly unlikely it will be their last.

Its a miracle this dog survived, I hope she finds her forever home, bless her heart.
I agree with this. They say serial killers start this way. I say just find them, get rid of them before the next victim is a child or person. At the very least do the same thing to them as they did to this poor dog, maybe they will survive the shot to the head and maybe they won't.
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

If you have a mad dog, you shoot it to put it out of its pain, and protect society.

Can't see why you wouldn't do the same for a person that is clearly a danger to society. I wouldn't torture the person, just put him down.

I do not think everyone who is disturbed, mentally not right, should be dealt with like this, but if their mental instability includes torturing and cruelty, then I just don't see the point of keeping them around to injure or kill more.
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah
Old 11-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master Member

So sad, that poor dog. I just don't understand how people can do this to animals let alone eachother...just punishment for the person who did this to the dog is deserved.
Diesel-GSD
Old 11-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Didn't Jeffrey Dahmer start by doing awful things to animals?
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.