British talk show host questions Cesar Millan - Page 13 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2012, 01:22 AM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by codmaster View Post
Can you mention where you got this idea? What are you basing this statement on? The vast majority of dog trainers in the US do NOT use a prong.

I am assuming that you are not too familar with the US and that is understandable.
Yes I would like to know the answer to this question as well.
KayleeGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 02:15 AM   #122 (permalink)
Banned

BTW, I also don't really care what a foreign country TV host thinks anyway, esp. one from a far away country.

Who obviously is not all that familar with the US and it's many, many diverse ways of doing things, as well as our freedom of speech and expression, and the ability to think and choose each person's own best method of doing things.

Just my own free opinion, of course.
codmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 08:05 AM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
BTW, I also don't really care what a foreign country TV host thinks anyway, esp. one from a far away country.

Who obviously is not all that familar with the US and it's many, many diverse ways of doing things, as well as our freedom of speech and expression, and the ability to think and choose each person's own best method of doing things.

Just my own free opinion, of course.

Is this how you make a UK (or other non US) member feel welcome, and like contributing to the board?! Unbelievable!

Last edited by Questforfire; 12-20-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Questforfire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 08:28 AM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforfire View Post

Is this how you make a UK (or other non US) member feel welcome, and like contributing to the board?! Unbelievable!

One word, YES, if you don't wish for conversation to spiral out of control then leave the politics & religion at home... if you bring it up you're heading down a slippery slope... other than that,
GSD13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 08:45 AM   #125 (permalink)

You guys seem a bit touchy, I'm not sure where you pick up an anti-American vibe from someone disagreeing with an Mexican's dog training methods?

For the record though: The host is called Alan Titchmarsh. He is a gardener. He was on a few garden improvement shows, no-one here really cares about him apart from little old ladies. He now has an afternoon chat show that caters only for little old ladies. These grannies are the ones with little yappy Westhighland terriers with basically no training or manners that snap and bite at anyone who comes to the house and climb all over the place. The probably feed them the same food they cook themselves and treat them like children not animals and can see no fault in them and would never ever disapline them in any way

Alan Titchmarsh had to represent these views to CM and basically made himself look like a ****. You can take these views as representative of a small group of people in the UK, not the UK as a whole.

Prong Collars and E Collars are NOT illegal in the UK.
OffgridAlex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 08:45 AM   #126 (permalink)
Elite Member

WELCOME ... and yes, we have to keep the politics out of the picture or we'd never have any valuable information on this forum.

And, there is TONS of valuable info on here ...
Old 12-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #127 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Talking about politics isn't allowed on the forum, before anyone decides to take that leap.
Whiteshepherds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 10:40 AM   #128 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforfire View Post

Any possibility that your response to an honest opinion was influenced by your country of location?

My opinion has got nothing to do withy how anybody else should feel about contributing their opinion to this board.

How would you react if someone here was stating very obviously incorrect "facts" about Scotland?

I.E. the majority of people in Scotland abuse their dogs by keeping them outside even in winter!
codmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #129 (permalink)

Quote:
Any possibility that your response to an honest opinion was influenced by your country of location?

My opinion has got nothing to do withy how anybody else should feel about contributing their opinion to this board.

How would you react if someone here was stating very obviously incorrect "facts" about Scotland?

I.E. the majority of people in Scotland abuse their dogs by keeping them outside even in winter!
No, I don't think it was influenced by where I live. It was rather a surprised reply due to the complete lack of care about how others view you - especially if it is in an incorrect way.

If someone were to state that the Scottish abuse their dogs (as per above), I am sure I would not come back with a reply that I couldn't give a hoot what others think of the Scottish, especially people in a far off country. Instead I would try and inform and educate.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffgridAlex View Post
You guys seem a bit touchy, I'm not sure where you pick up an anti-American vibe from someone disagreeing with an Mexican's dog training methods?

For the record though: The host is called Alan Titchmarsh. He is a gardener. He was on a few garden improvement shows, no-one here really cares about him apart from little old ladies. He now has an afternoon chat show that caters only for little old ladies. These grannies are the ones with little yappy Westhighland terriers with basically no training or manners that snap and bite at anyone who comes to the house and climb all over the place. The probably feed them the same food they cook themselves and treat them like children not animals and can see no fault in them and would never ever disapline them in any way

Alan Titchmarsh had to represent these views to CM and basically made himself look like a ****. You can take these views as representative of a small group of people in the UK, not the UK as a whole.

Prong Collars and E Collars are NOT illegal in the UK.
Correct - except in Wales, where electric collars are illegal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.