IMO Animal Abuse charges should be filed agained him - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #31 (permalink)
Master Member

The thing that bothers me most about CM is that he teaches your average joe pet owner to screw with their dog's food. I wonder how many people have made their dogs food aggressive by watching his show and then started repeatedly taking their dog's food away? I have dealt with food aggression in my young dog and it was dealt with by teaching him there was no need to guard his food not by teaching him "I'm going to take your stuff whenever I want and if you don't like it we are going to fight."

For the record I would have bitten him too! And my dog certainly would have as well, which personally I'm fine with. Someone came in to my yard, and challenged my dog like that I would expect that person to get bit.

Havoc ~ (aka "Super") GSD - Rest easy buddy.
Keeper (rest in peace little stinker) (Aussie)
KristiM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
it was dealt with by teaching him there was no need to guard his food not by teaching him "I'm going to take your stuff whenever I want and if you don't like it we are going to fight."

That's exactly why you can walk right by our dogs and not worry about them biting or guarding!
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #33 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via MSN to GSDolch

Is there anywhere online to watch the whole episode and not just a clip?
GSDolch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #34 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDolch View Post
Is there anywhere online to watch the whole episode and not just a clip?
So glad you posted that. I was just going to ask if anyone had actually seen the entire episode. I hate "just a clip."
Stevenzachsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #35 (permalink)
Knighted Member

LOL msvette2u, the reason I didn't watch the whole thing the first time was because of the way you prefaced the video, "Do you think they fixed this dog??" and then mentioned hitting...I've seen some horribly stupid things on youtube and those first 37 seconds, combined with your words, had me worried! But wow, what a transformation. That's amazing to see, and done with a clicker too! Very nice work.

I'm not trying to out myself as a bully, that's for sure, lol. But maybe it is a character weakness of mine that I believe that positive methods are the best choice, and after that fails, it's not the only choice. I'm walking a fine line here, because I'm neither condoning nor condemning CM. Not because I don't have an opinion, but because I have crossed the line from positive to compulsion when it comes to guarding. Not with the bowl of food though, lol - she eats in her crate and life is good.
Blanketback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

I know, it didn't pop up as a preview thingie, I don't know why some do and some don't.

I have seen dogs transform with the instatement of leadership - taking control of resources, and how I know this works is, I have done it!

Working animal control I've seen some very aggressive dogs become sweet and loving in a short week of taking control of resources, by default, since the dog had it's space and food (both resources) removed from it's control, and by me taking them. They went from my worst enemy to my best friend in mere days. And they were not even my dog!

If more owners understood how that worked, we'd have fewer bites, less aggression and less of this kind of nonsense going on.

I will never believe you can bully a dog into submission. You could, maybe, but it'd be the wrong kind.
That poor dog's fate was sealed when CM walked into her life.

If your dog IS a guarder, would you try the trade up? Or Victoria's way?

Never give your dog the bowl unless it's to put a few yummies into it. And maybe a piece or two of kibble. You'll have your dog begging you to come over to her bowl very quickly!
Old 09-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

How about...

CURE your dog of food guarding once and for all! This vid shows how!

Food Aggression Rehabilitation - YouTube
Old 09-20-2012, 11:14 AM   #38 (permalink)
The Rescues Rule Administrator

I honestly don't need a whole episode not to like where that went. I can't think of a situation where I would think that doing what he did was a good idea, no matter the build up.

Season 9, Episode 12 is when it happened if anyone can access the full episode.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:17 AM   #39 (permalink)
Crowned Member

And as we all know one technique always works for 100% of the dogs out there to teach them whatever you want.

Msvette can fix this dog! And any dog! From just a 3 minute clip! No history or background needed!
martemchik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

Wow, Martem, sarcasm much?
I've worked in rescue and animal control 10yrs. and I learn as I go, and I found controlling resources is the best way to become your dog's leader.
I've seen dogs who were extremely aggressive come around quickly once that is done.

That and what's been posted already.
I've done it and seen it happen time and time again, so why the smart-ass remarks?

That Lab was nothing compared to some of the dogs I've seen and dealt with.

Obviously Cesar had no success with his "methods", so what would be the harm in trying it a different way??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.