Put that poor Soul to rest already! - Page 6 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 12:43 AM   #51 (permalink)
Banned

Oh my gosh, she's even had puppies during the last year.
Quote:
Kabang has been living and loving for almost a year in her current state, including giving birth after saving her two human family members. Any comments to give up on her, when she has clearly not given up and is the picture of loving, life-filled energy, are at a minimum, disrespectful, and at a maximum, deranged.
That is from the facebook page. They also changed their security. You now must like the page to comment and people call for the "negative" comments to be deleted.

USC is claiming the dog is not in pain... i can't believe they are supporting all this.

Last edited by Mrs.K; 10-18-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Mrs.K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2012, 12:51 AM   #52 (permalink)
Elite Member

All in the name of sensationalism and publicity.

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1275860

Failure *is* success, if you learn from it.
PatchonGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 01:00 AM   #53 (permalink)
Banned

I can't believe the hypocrisy. Every other owner would be blasted for not having an unspayed dog and how irresponsible it is to have an "oops" litter but this dog is being celebrated as "hero" and "supermom" on top of that because she gave a litter right after she saved the kids.

Unbelievable how much suffering she was and still is put through.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:08 AM   #54 (permalink)
Elite Member

Honestly, I doubt she will make it through the heart worm and cancer treatment-but if she does, she is just going to be a science experiment.

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1275860

Failure *is* success, if you learn from it.
PatchonGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 01:14 AM   #55 (permalink)
Banned

pretty much. Here is a very short clip of what it actually looks like. Don't watch it if you have a weak stomach.

and here she is with the litter of puppies.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:59 AM   #56 (permalink)
Master Member

Maybe it is just me but looking at the pictures in the press kit, she doesn't seem to be miserable. In fact, just the opposite. If she wasn't missing her snout/upper jaw, she appears to be acting just like any other dog.

If she's able to somehow eat, be happy, playful, etc, I wouldn't put her to sleep. Without actually seeing her in person though, I'm hesitant to make any kind of judgement (though it does anger me she was allowed to whelp a litter - her immune system has already got to be taxed from fighting off infection attempting to take hold in an open wound, and they let her get pregnant??? And she still isn't spayed, she was wearing a diaper in the press photos, doesn't going into heat, pregnancy, birthing, etc, all tend to suppress the immune system? If they want to keep this dog alive they should be looking at the long term. I know surgery is rough on the immune system, but...geez).

I just can't imagine what life would be like for her not being able to smell. That's the primary way a dog experiences the world. It's like if we lose our vision. It's devastating. We can get by without it, of course, but it's a huge alteration to our daily life. And there's more...how do I say it...substance, maybe? There's more substance to our lives? We do more than eat, play, sleep, poop. Well, most of us, anyway.

I don't know. I can't honestly say what would happen if this was my dog. I think this is kind of one of those one-in-a-million things. It's miracle she wasn't killed instantly, a miracle she didn't bleed out or die from the trauma minutes/hours later, it's a miracle infection hasn't taken hold and killed her, it's a miracle the complications that has to have brought on hasn't killed her. If this kind of injury happened to any one of our dogs I very much doubt we'd be in a situation where we'd even have to decide whether to PTS or not.
Draugr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #57 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I agree that the appearance of the dog is very disturbing, however she does not look like she is suffering and totally miserable. Animals lose different body parts and still live fulfilling life. I would have never thought that a dog in this condition could raise a litter, but she did. I dealt with vets at teaching hospitals, and they care about the animals very much. They would not intentionally make the animal suffer. I think that it up to the people who interact with the dog it judge the quality of life of the animal. The Internet public can chose whether to financially support or not.
There are many humans whose face is disfigured and they can chose to end their own life. They don't. You can google face transplants to see some before and after photos. Face injuries are particularly obvious and disfiguring, causing a strong reaction from the public.
RebelGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draugr View Post
Maybe it is just me but looking at the pictures in the press kit, she doesn't seem to be miserable. In fact, just the opposite. If she wasn't missing her snout/upper jaw, she appears to be acting just like any other dog.

If she's able to somehow eat, be happy, playful, etc, I wouldn't put her to sleep.
I agree 110%.

I personally know many dogs that have 'parts' missing. Blind, deaf, 3 legged - and they still enjoy life.

Google "Chihuahua no legs" and see all the 2-legged Chis out there living life and loving it!
Chimanes Spice it Up Piquin (Kaynya) - Chinese Crested
Nator von Triton HIC CGC (Mauser) - LC GSD
Piquins Some Like it Hot (Spike) Chinese Crested
Piquins Too Hot To Handle - (Fuego) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Wasabi (Sabi) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Super Hot (Clark) - Chinese Crested
Banzai, Cloe, Mocha - Felines Extraordinaire
Neke, Tessa, Remi, Sadie, Riggs, Sasha, Tazer - DK, Mozart, Zoe - Gone but not forgotten
Lauri & The Gang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.K View Post
Oh my gosh, she's even had puppies during the last year.

That is from the facebook page. They also changed their security. You now must like the page to comment and people call for the "negative" comments to be deleted.

USC is claiming the dog is not in pain... i can't believe they are supporting all this.
I saw that she had puppies.That is just messed up. How could she care for a litter of pups with a face like that????!!!! She couldn't clean them properly,nor mention how hard it would have been to pant properly whilst it whelp.She wouldn't be able to scent her family or anything....

I agree that the dog should be PTS.It's not fair for her to keep on living life in pain and at a high risk of infections.

~**~
prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #60 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Update on this dog:

After extensive efforts and reconstructing the nasal holes, this dog went back to the Philippines.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.