Put that poor Soul to rest already! - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I could have gone without seeing that.... At first I thought it was the dog who had firecrackers blown up in his mouth....

Why keep the dog alive? Yeah, it's nice to save a hero, but she doesn't look like she'll be able to eat, looks like she's probably blind, and will likely have a slew of health problems due to her snout being gone....
I'd rather her be put to sleep and die with some dignity than waiting until she's starving because she can't eat or have some kind of infection that calls for her to be euthanized....
(Sorry if that didn't really make sense - no sleep)....
-Fastest 2012/2013 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
Konotashi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I can't look at these - I agree that to keep this poor dog alive is inhumane - from well meaning people - but still inhumane....

Hugs to the poor girl and I hope they don't make her suffer any longer!

Lee
Csabre Sch1, Hexe Sch2, SG Bengal, Komet, Kira HGH & Kougar v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia BH ~ ATB Basha Sch3 IPO3, Danger Sch1 RH SAR ~ Kougar Sch3, Kyra Sch3, Cito Sch2, Alice Sch1, Kelsey CD, Ret ~ Fenja Sch3s

wolfstraum.net
wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I understand they mean well.. but they need to consider quality of life... comfort... happiness... the dog may be alive simply for the people... that isn't fair. I can't imagine the dog is going to remain healthy for long like that, if it is at all at this point.

"May my enemies live long so they can see me progress."

www.germanshepherdguide.com
Wild Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Oh God, that poor dog. I realize it's a different country, but to let that poor thing get pregnant and have puppies adds insult to injury. This is horrific.

The people say their dog "saved" their children from a motorcycle. I'd bet the farm that what actually happened is that the dog simply chased and attacked a motorcycle. To imply that the motorcycle was "bearing down" on two children and the dog "saved" them by taking out the cyclist, is pretty fanciful.

Personally, I don't even like how people let dogs with two legs hop around for the TV cameras. I'm sorry, call me heartless, but if I had a puppy born with two legs, it would be euthanized. To call it "inspirational" to watch a two-legged dog attempt to get around is nothing more than a cruel freakshow. Can you imagine the pain of a dog walking on its hind legs because it has no front legs, what it must do to the dog's spine?
Freestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Sometimes I think the kindest thing you can do for an animal is to end their suffering.
Good_Karma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Elite Member

That's disgusting. Maybe the dog has a will to live, yes, but it is a difficult and miserable life ahead. How is her snout (or what is left of it..) not infected?

Recently had something similar at work: an older lab, covered in lumps, everything.. the dog had some kind of defect in it's old age. I'm not sure how to explain it, but the dog couldn't walk on his paws and his paws (toe?) were all mangled on top of each other and everywhere.. It would be like us walking on our wrists and ankles. He just laid there, barked and barked but still had life in his eyes. When I first saw him, my jaw dropped for a good few minutes. I had never seen anything like it before. Maybe a torn ACL is comparable? The dog could barely walk 30 steps, and barely hold himself up to potty. I think if people see their dog destruct like that, it's not that bad. Because they are used to it.. whereas when somebody else sees it, it's like oh my gosh. Put the poor thing down, will to live or not.. Quality of life anyone?

Vida (3years) & Hype, 7 weeks
Kaity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestep View Post
Oh God, that poor dog. I realize it's a different country, but to let that poor thing get pregnant and have puppies adds insult to injury. This is horrific.

The people say their dog "saved" their children from a motorcycle. I'd bet the farm that what actually happened is that the dog simply chased and attacked a motorcycle. To imply that the motorcycle was "bearing down" on two children and the dog "saved" them by taking out the cyclist, is pretty fanciful.

Personally, I don't even like how people let dogs with two legs hop around for the TV cameras. I'm sorry, call me heartless, but if I had a puppy born with two legs, it would be euthanized. To call it "inspirational" to watch a two-legged dog attempt to get around is nothing more than a cruel freakshow. Can you imagine the pain of a dog walking on its hind legs because it has no front legs, what it must do to the dog's spine?
Agreed! Agreed! Agreed!

sometimes I look at those causes on facebook, chip ins, "rescue efforts" and whatnot and all I can think is: "WHY?"

Why do you put that dog through more suffering, put them out of their misery, it's not getting better, but those are the heartwrenching stories, geared towards bleeding hearts and they will react on it.

I can't see anything inspirational about this story. It's insane and cruel. Why put the dog through it, let alone put it through the stress and ship it to the US. Just let him go...
Mrs.K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #18 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestep View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking.
Syaoransbear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1953 View Post
I can't bring myself to open the link
I'm not going to either.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #20 (permalink)
Knighted Member

oh gawd viewer discretion is advised i agree with you...but at the same time i really do wonder, i've heard the family loves her and she is well taken care of and that there may possibly be reconstructive surgery done on her...
Zeeva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.