Kennel where Biden got his puppy loses license - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2011, 08:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Default Kennel where Biden got his puppy loses license

Pennsylvania breeder who sold Biden a puppy loses license | Philadelphia Inquirer | 01/12/2011

Quote:
The state has pulled the plug on the Chester County dog breeder who sold Vice President Biden a puppy. The Agriculture Department revoked the license held by Linda Brown, who operates Jolindy's Shepherds in Spring City, for repeated violations of kennel laws.
In a Nov. 19 order, the agency listed dozens of violations, including filthy kennels, contaminated food and water, and dogs crammed in cages with fewer than six inches of headroom. The agency made the order public this week at The Inquirer's request.
As far as I'm concerned, that could not have happened to a better kennel. It was about time this place was shut down. She was previously cited on many occasions, has had public complaints filed against her, and has been suspended from the AKC.

AbbyK9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2011, 08:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

It's about time.
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2011, 08:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Sweet!! But I'm sure there will be a backlash because she was "targeted" by all the animal rights do-gooders.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx'girl View Post
Sweet!! But I'm sure there will be a backlash because she was "targeted" by all the animal rights do-gooders.
Was she "targeted" because they didn't like her, or because the charges were true? If they were true, from what direction would the backlash come. If the charges weren't true, then I would certainly expect a backlash.

DFrost

DFrost
DFrost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2011, 08:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
The Rescues Rule Administrator

And who was that guy...that found the puppy for the Bidens - remember that part of it - he was some big do to do or something...
Old 01-12-2011, 08:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I know when the pups breeder was made public, there was alot of hints that it was a glorified puppy miller and the breeder felt like she was being harrassed. She wished her name was never mentioned so I'm sure she had to clean up her act...but obviously it wasn't good enough. http://www.ohmidog.com/tag/jolindys/

Last edited by onyx'girl; 01-12-2011 at 09:03 PM.
onyx'girl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2011, 09:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I wonder how Biden's pup is doing? Or if he still has it...
Old 01-12-2011, 09:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

About time!

Most recent thing I found on "Champ" Champ Biden in the spotlight - KARIN TANABE & AMIE PARNES | POLITICO CLICK

Sage 6-5-09
Facebook
sagelfn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Oh, I'm sure the breeder felt like she was being "harrassed" - she probably hoped that she would be able to translate the publicity from Biden purchasing his puppy there into big-time puppy sales. What she didn't bank on was that the media coverage would lead to people Googling her and looking into her records.

Long before she sold a puppy to Biden, she was suspended from the AKC for a year for falsifying paperwork. In 2007, a year before she sold Biden a puppy, she was discussed in a thread titled "How many dogs" on PDB. At that point, she was a USDA licensed kennel with 90 dogs total.

She also runs another facility, Wolf Den Kennel, which has a K5 license (251 or more dogs per year) and also uses the kennel name von Braunhaus (not to be confused with VOM Braunhaus, different kennel altogether).

She's failed inspections prior to Biden coming to pick up his puppy. The inspection that happened right around the time Biden got his puppy was a regularly scheduled one that would have happened whether Biden came or not. It took place on 10 December. Biden picked up the puppy on 12 December and the inspection report was posted to the PA Department of Agriculture website on 15 December. She failed the inspection before he came to pick the puppy up and has failed, AFAIK, every inspection since, too.

As far as I'm concerned, with her kennel's track record, she can't really blame "animal rights activisits" for the bad press. She can blame herself for inviting the media onto her property, hoping to make big bucks off her puppy farm by selling to Biden.

AbbyK9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2011, 09:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I know, she'll spin it any way she wants...and she'll blame PETA, and the republicans or the democrats, or the tea party.
All you have to do is google her name and her history has several pages. Nothing more than a miller. The link I posted was from last year.
When John&Kate got their pups, the publicity on that breeder was much the same, but at least he didn't have over 50 dogs on site!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.