Kennel where Biden got his puppy loses license - Page 5 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2011, 06:36 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamingeagle View Post
Apparently she moved to MD. It's a real shame... Jolindy was a spectacular farm. Again... have any of you been there? Anyone? You can google it... 723 Saylors Mill Rd. Spring City PA... to get a look from above. I've attached a couple of photos (the dog in the 3rd photo is the father of my puppy).
Was there last weekend for the auction. The farm has been sold. I'll assume you haven't been there in a while.

Raven (GSD) - December 8, 2007
Kaiser (GSD) - November 2009
Holly (GSD) - March 24, 2011
Best Paw Forward
Champ's Fund
gsdraven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2011, 02:38 PM   #42 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Jolindy was a spectacular farm.
Clearly, you are using the word "spectacular" in a context that is unfamiliar to me.

As far as I'm concerned, "spectacular" is not a word I would use to describe a breeder who was suspended from the AKC for falsifying registration paperwork on her dogs. It's also not a word I would use for a breeder who has consistently failed her annual inspections from the Department of Agriculture - before Biden ever bought from her.

AbbyK9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #43 (permalink)
Elite Member

Wow.....I know this is a super old post, but I never heard about this. How sad.

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1275860

Failure *is* success, if you learn from it.
PatchonGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #44 (permalink)

I've had a personal experience with this place, and I would NEVER EVER recommend it to anyone. PERIOD.

KRIS82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2012, 03:21 AM   #45 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamingeagle View Post
Mistreated and abused? Dog's suffering? I wonder how many of you posting to this thread have ever been to Jolindy? It's clear that not one of you have.

I purchased a German Shepherd from Jolindy, and I was shocked to hear that Linda was cited. Jolindy was a dog's paradise... a spectacular farm with rolling hills, acres of grass with large fenced areas for the dogs to run in. When her father died, Linda spent her inheritance on a heated in-ground pool for the dogs. It was a very clean operation. The dogs are very well cared for and they are just beautiful. The only problem we have with our amazing German Shepherd is that she was spoiled by being weaned onto ground beef and rice, and she has never really had a taste for dog food. She is the smartest, most amazing and beautiful German Shepherd I have ever met. She is everything you could want in a dog... a great protector, but a loving and sweet friend. She came from very good lineage.

If you go to Jolindy's Facebook page you'll see post after post from satisfied customers... and lots of beautiful GSDs... like ours.

It seems that everyone has simply reached the conclusion that Jolindy is a "puppy mill" because of the number of litters produced each year. Had any of you actually taken the time to visit or talk to anyone who has you might understand how quantity doesn't necessarily equate to a lack of quality. Linda had a large operation, but she had the space, the facilities, the expertise and the help needed to run a large, but high quality dog breeding operation.
I can tell you right now that she is NOT breeding proven, titled working dads (or show line dog for those in the show world), therefor she IS a puppy mill and has NO right breeding unproven dogs!

BYBs and Puppy Mills are the downfall of every breed out there! Breeding dogs with health and temperament problems, dogs that don't fit what the breed SHOULD be, dogs that only bring the breed down.

Yes, you CAN get lucky. I purchased Zeke out of a newspaper, and outside of a few minor health issues (GENETIC, might I add), he is an AMAZING dog. Smart, social, well trained, beautiful, etc... I got lucky. I also got Luther out of the newspaper, and ended up with an aggressive fear biter that had to be euthanized after 3.5 years of pure ****, after the poor dog suffered endlessly due to unsound nerves, after my poor furniture and carpet suffered endlessly, and after a few of my cats suffered endlessly (one even resulting in death).

No one has ANY business producing dogs the way she does. Even if they are all taken care of on her property, she is breeding animals that should not be bred, clogging rescues and shelters that should not be clogged, and contributing first hand to the 4 million homeless dogs euthanized every year in this country alone.

I am all for breeders, because I love purebred shepherds. But you can guarantee the only breeders I will deal with in the future, will NOT be producing dogs like her, will NOT have dogs ending up in rescues like hers, will NOT be like her.

Berlin vom Spartanville 1/13/13
Zeke 5/25/07
Luther 2008 - 7/23/12

"Take this trouble from me: Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim." Max Von Stephanitz
Anubis_Star is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.