German Shepherds Forum banner

6 years old

6K views 50 replies 15 participants last post by  Dracovich 
#1 ·
Keep in mind he has lost 20 lbs since these pic and is now a body score 3 instead of 4

I know he is not properly stacked but when there is no second person to take the picture it got pretty challenging haha

Attachments

See less See more
#20 ·
I don't think anyone here isn't glad that you have taken weight off your dog. It's wonderful. All dogs deserve to be lean and healthy, and properly exercised. I think a lot of people take issue with the fact that he was allowed to become as large as he was in the first place. No one is "not proud" of your dog, for what it's worth. Hopefully you can find a way to exercise him and build some muscle. Hopefully then he lives a very long and healthy life.

#22 ·
It is absolutely horrible that your guy got hit by a truck (I am not bashing you... accidents happen). But lots of dogs suffer injuries and do not become obese. There are other ways to exercise a dog that can aid in recovery and keep a dog in shape. Water therapy, swimming, underwater treadmill... just for others reading who may have an injured dog.

#40 ·
Lots of running, swimming and less than the recommended feeding amount and a higher quality food, that's what I did. I also soak kibble to get more water into his diet, I don't know if it helped with the weight loss but it's something veterinarian Dr. Karen Becker recommends.

IMO lower calorie is pointless, if the ingredients are good then calories are meaningless.

#39 ·
I agree- stop continuously talking about the dog weight. We get it. We Aaaaaaallllllllllllll get it. Period. Stop.

#50 ·
I was thinking Great Pyr, then but figured I was probably being stupid and she was a golden retriever. lol! You have two beautiful dogs. Glad your parents could take her, but know you will be happy to get her back. And....bloodhounds. I love bloodhounds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.