German Shepherds Forum banner

Ares 10 months- Critique my dog

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Dracovich 
#1 ·
Hello! I am trying to learn more about German shepherd conformation, so please critique my dog! He is currently 10 months, so still filling out quite a bit. First picture is him in my first attempted stack. Second is just him freely standing, and the third is him in motion, and the last one is just for kicks. Thoughts?

To start I think he seems to be a nice, athletic dog, I think he could have a more full coat(he has a very close coat), and I know the lighter eyes are a fault :p Regardless of any faults I love him and wouldn't want any other dog- so critique away!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I just have to say that last picture is hilarious.

Can't evaluate structure with him head on to the camera. Needs to be in profile. He does have a nice head, but his eyes need to be darker

#4 ·
We need a side view taken from his level.

That last photo is great.

#6 ·
If I were you I would look for a conformation kennel club in your area and go to their classes. The people there will be able to help you much more as well as train you in how to show him if you decide to. Do let us know how it goes for you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.