I'll love her anyways.... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2014, 05:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I'll love her anyways....

Hey yall! I'm new to the site, so go easy on me if I've posted in the wrong area. I purchased a German Shepherd puppy a few weeks ago. I was given pictures of what they said was her parents as well. The lady said she was the last puppy left, so I'm thinking maybe nobody wanted her because she didn't have the "typical" GSD coloration or maybe she was the smaller pup? She just seems a little small for her age, but maybe I'm just used to her. The cable guy saw her and couldn't get over how big she is. She'll be 11 weeks in a couple of days. All the pictures I see of other GSD pups her age are leggy and their ears are makin moves. I'm really hoping the lady didn't lie to me about her parents and sell me a mixed pup claiming it was full blooded. I'll love the dog anyway, but that would just be a crappy thing of her to have done, taking someone's money like that. Anyways, there's pictures on my profile of Ginger's parents, and of her 7 weeks until today. If I brush her coat back the shaft of her hairs are dark, but will that ever come on through or will she probably look like a Malinois the rest of her life?
AMarie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2014, 05:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Member

The tan dog with the black muzzle? Not sure, to me she doesn't look like a GSD. There are GSDs that are completely 'blonde' with black muzzles, but something else just seems off. Maybe others will be able to weigh in .... also, post more pictures when she's a bit older. Sometimes it's hard to really tell with puppies.
The birds: Dante - CAG / Nero and Sunshine - Budgies
e.rigby is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2014, 06:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Oh I didn't know there were blonde GSDs! Her tail and back legs have a black undertone to them. She just seems a little small for her age. I never got to see the other puppies because she was the last one left, but I'm thinking she may have been the runt.
AMarie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2014, 06:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Member

This might help? What is "blonde sable" - is that a red sable?
The birds: Dante - CAG / Nero and Sunshine - Budgies
e.rigby is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.