Opinions on Cutter. - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #11 (permalink)

He looks good on the couch bed anywhere Opinions on Cutter.-imageuploadedbypg-free1354835788.979353.jpg
GSDLA88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
x11
Banned

very nice looking dog - can't help with an intelligent breed critique.

i see warkos in there - he has a following, can you describe warkos traits at all, curious.
x11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #13 (permalink)

handsome! at first I thought bi-color but noticed he has no tarheels and looks like some tan on the ears...so a super dark black and tan?
christinaekenn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #14 (permalink)

just checked his pedigree too. very nice. must be black and tan. mom is dark too and dad's side carries a lot of pigment. gorgeous!
christinaekenn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #15 (permalink)

Yes he is blk and tam as pup we were thnkn bi but they can change as much as a sable. as you can see in these pics at 8 wks old he had a good bit more blk than now! Opinions on Cutter.-imageuploadedbypg-free1354852188.328260.jpgOpinions on Cutter.-imageuploadedbypg-free1354852222.393208.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Old 12-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #16 (permalink)

Don't know much about Warkos. I do know Anrebri is well known to produce drivey strong level headed dogs. He is a Titus grandson. Titus was one of the best border patrol/ police dog producers very hard dogs. Cutter defiantly carries these traits. He is excelling in his PP training. Very civil. And at 7 mnths old handles the bite suit like a champ! Here's a few pics from training.
Opinions on Cutter.-imageuploadedbypg-free1354852502.936979.jpgOpinions on Cutter.-imageuploadedbypg-free1354852464.224928.jpg

Old 12-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #17 (permalink)
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Very stretched young male with high withers, good topline, good position of a croup that should be longer. Very good angulation in front which is shown through how much reach he has when moving. Good angulation in the rear though there is something about it I don't like. Looking at the movement photo I am going to say he lacks drive from the rear. He is reaching under himself, but the leg that is back isn't extending as far as I think it would in a balanced dog. If he was a horse I would say he is sickle hocked. He is also slightly falling on his forehand. Excellent color and dark pigment.

I wouldn't worry about his size especially if you plan on working him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena BH AD CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, and gone but not forgotten, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

lhczth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #18 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Yeah, I wanted to mention, I think his size is just fine... he will muscle up and fill out as he matures. It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!

I love his color, I guess you'd call it a deep dark blanket-back.

What are your plans with him?
Freestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #19 (permalink)
Crowned Member

7 months -- I would back off on the civil agitation . He looks a little "pushed" in the head out of car shot . Keep him socialized to a normal world - don't create his view of the world as everything and everyone as a potential threat . In the end you will get more out of him, more secure and better judgement. He has it .
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #20 (permalink)

I am doing personal protection work with him. He is not stressed with working. He loves it. He does not look at everyone as being a threat. He is friendly but aloof as a shepherd should be. He is social and solid. Can take him anywhere. He is learning what a threat is and how to distinguish it. He is doing amazing. Thanks...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what the 2x4 is made of.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.