back after 12 months - please critique - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #31 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
i like scaring them, i don't like when they correct their dogs for being distracted.
I say this with all due respect--you might want to check your attitude. No wonder they are getting snarky, if you are deliberately trying to scare and distract their dogs. The club is there for everyone, not just you.

I agree that dogs need to be proofed under distraction, but if they are not in the proofing stage yet, you are probably making it very difficult for them. I would be upset if I was working with a young, underconfident, reactive dog and I had you over there doing everything you can to make it worse.

The people who are there, I assume, have paid good money to train at the club and they deserve to get their money's worth, without some guy trying to make their dogs freak out and gloating when they do.

If you don't like it when they correct their dogs for being distracted, why are you deliberately trying to distract them? That only means MORE corrections for the poor dogs!

I know you said this is the only place you can train, but this club is not a good match for what you want to do. I used to drive 90 minutes each way to the SchH club twice a week. Do you have a SchH club within driving range? I realize not everyone has the time to drive for several hours, but it's something you might consider.

Is there any way you can train at a time when the others aren't doing their AKC obedience work?
Freestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #32 (permalink)
x11
Banned

i was not trying or do i try to scare their or anyone's dogs, i try to get thru the gate go down the end of the field by myself do my thing and leave.

that is what i try and do. my dog and myself scare the people there which i kinda find cool, and i do gloat over that, there i admit it.

if their obed dogs get snarly cos a non-agressive dog does nothing more than look happy to get on the training field and drags the handler onto it, i am not going to make that my problem.

i don't find distracting or scaring any dogs cool, people OK.

Last edited by x11; 11-12-2012 at 05:34 PM.
x11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #33 (permalink)
Knighted Member

X11, your dog rocks. I love every thing about him. Find a working venue for him. He deserves it.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #34 (permalink)
x11
Banned

thanks robk, appreciatte the kind words.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #35 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by x11 View Post
my dog and myself scare the people there which i kinda find cool, and i do gloat over that, there i admit it.
And to think, I wondered why they were being rude to you!

I used to think it was "cool" if people were afraid of my dog. In my case, it was more a matter of security than anything else--I figured if I walked alone at night with my GSD, I wanted her to seem a little bit scary, so that I wouldn't be a victim.

But why would you want to scare the other people who are training? I guess that's what I don't get.

You have a nice dog, and it would really be worth it for you to find a venue where you can work him to his full potential, with people who understand the type of training you are doing.
Freestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #36 (permalink)
x11
Banned

so this may sound a wee bit immature but.....they started it.

the sheep have sensed the wolf is amongst them and they're scared.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.