Searching for right breeder in Central New Jersey - Page 6 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2007, 12:52 PM   #51 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Default Re: Searching for right breeder in Central New Jer

Quote:
Originally Posted By: larrydee33
Back in the day when a quality GSD puppy would cost you $300.00 to $500.00 that was one thing but now day's with the cost of a quality GSD pup going anywhere from $1000.00 to the $5000.00 range the consumer can not be any too careful in who they are dealing with.
This now has become a major investment.
An investment is something that generally goes up in value. Buy yourself a $2500 puppy and spay it and see what your investment is worth. Heck, don't spay it but let it be a pet for a couple of years and see what it is worth..... Not a very smart <u>investmen</u>t I am afraid.

If you buy a puppy that has limited registration but in the contract it is spelled out that you get full registration once ___________ happens (titles, hips x-rayed, etc etc) and the breeder dies? Well guess what? AKC can lift the limited registration. Seen it happen. Just save your contract.
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2007, 08:42 PM   #52 (permalink)

For what it's worth, this consumer (and I don't even like that term in context of purchasing a pup to join my family) actually finds breeders who offer only limited registration (to new buyers) a responsible act. I believe this lends a certain credibility to the breeder that they care more about the breed/dog and less about the sale itself. This tells me the breeder is more likely to be honest, have integrity, have standards that the breed/pups meet, and is overall going to be more attractive for me.

I might change my mind on that as I continue to go through the process of finding and purchasing a pup, but so far I have an inclination for breeders who have responsible contracts vice breeders that are looking for a sale and want to walk away from the deal.
Kedyr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2007, 04:55 PM   #53 (permalink)
Crowned Member

But, the question still stands: what breeders do limited 100% of the time?

Or is it subjective, depending on the situation -disqualifying faults such as long hair, missing testicals, etc, the ability and/or experience of the owner?

KK1 Griff v Tajgetosz SCH3,IPO3(BHOT) FCI & WUSV 2013
Smithie86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2007, 10:09 AM   #54 (permalink)
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch

Quote:
Originally Posted By: Smithie86But, the question still stands: what breeders do limited 100% of the time?

Or is it subjective, depending on the situation -disqualifying faults such as long hair, missing testicals, etc, the ability and/or experience of the owner?
Thus far, we have done it 100% of the time on pups we've sold. The only exception has been on pups we kept ourselves, and we plan to change that moving forward just to eliminate possible problems if we have to rehome the dog because it doesn't work out.

There are cases where we'd be willing to consider not doing limited, but those are rare. And there are cases where no matter what we would never sell the pup without limited (such as coat, missing testicle, etc...)
Old 01-03-2008, 09:17 AM   #55 (permalink)
Crowned Member

http://www.vonwyndmoor.com/

http://www.vomsilbersee.com/ (If you are looking for German Show lines, Chris is awesome!)

http://www.wolfstraum.net/ (I believe Lee has a very nice litter right now)
GSDBESTK9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2008, 06:50 PM   #56 (permalink)

http://www.wilmothdogs.com/WK9/ - Highly recommended - have not yet reached out to the breeder

I have one of their dogs. He will be turning 1 at the end of this month. I love Kathy. She was helpful and extremely knowlegable. We made the tripout there form LBI area. He is very well mannered and a quick learn. We are training in Lakewood but I have thought about doing Sch. with him. The problem is everything is a haul.

Wilmoth came reccomended from someone on this board and I have never been disappointed. Please feel free to PM me if needed.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:02 AM   #57 (permalink)

I am looking for a show line in nj, ny,ct, pa area.
I looked at jardo website.
The dogs are beautiful, but no titles.
Can you please tell what you know about them?
Thank you.
galina
gmgali is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #58 (permalink)

Lots of great info in this thread. My wife and I just said goodbye to our girl Jetta and we are planning for our next GSD.
Noles20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #59 (permalink)
Knighted Member

we also just lost our gsd., can't say we are ready for a pup yet. in my short time on this forum i have learned more about some breeders than i would learn by visiting their kennels by searching many of their posts and threads.
huntergreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.