German Shepherds Forum banner

Looking for a breeder

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Elisabeth Ann Parent 
#1 ·
I'm in Florida and looking for a good breeder. Most of what's in my area isn't what I'm looking for, the ones I've found at least.

So from searching I came across this site and one of the breeders I was interested in (Black thorn) doesn't seem to be breeding anymore.

So back to the drawing board. I've searched and searched and it seems like I'm looking in all the wrong places.

I'm looking for a good working line gsd breeder. I like the darker colored dogs but that isn't as important to me as the quality of the dog. I'd be willing to pay for shipping as long as its coming from a good reputable breeder so I'm not limited to just Florida.

Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated

#2 ·
Blackthorn is actively breeding. Website is probably not up to date, but fb activity is current. If you are on facebook, contact Christine there. https://www.facebook.com/groups/blackthornkennel/

Though, this Blackthorn is not located in FL, yet she has the type GSD you are searching for.

#6 ·
Thank you all so much. I think I've settled on weberhaus. I stumbled across her just after posting this yesterday and I've been talking with her and I think she has exactly what I'm looking for.

Although Christine from black thorn returned my email this evening as well and she has some really nice dogs too.

Barring any last second change of heart I'll be putting a deposit on a weberhaus pup

#8 ·
Yea the black thorn mystery was solved. She responded to my email after several days saying her website was out of date but that her Facebook was up to date. I'm not on Facebook. But they are still breeding and selling.

As far as what I'm looking for in a dog. I want something with a good drive to work but that can also come in and be a family pet. I like the darker dogs better. Seems like either breeder would fit the need but after talking to Malinda I'm really leaning towards an upcoming litter from her.

#9 ·
Yea the black thorn mystery was solved. She responded to my email after several days saying her website was out of date but that her Facebook was up to date. I'm not on Facebook. But they are still breeding and selling.

As far as what I'm looking for in a dog. I want something with a good drive to work but that can also come in and be a family pet. I like the darker dogs better. Seems like either breeder would fit the need but after talking to Malinda I'm really leaning towards an upcoming litter from her.
Hi Goose Man, I'm searching for a GSD puppy and wonder how your experience with weberhaus (esp. dog, price, delivery, etc.). Thanks!

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have an almost 4 year old from Malinda at Weberhaus.

Lives in a highrise in the city, hikes, travels and trains/competes in IGP.

Earned her BH at under 2 years old. Will trial for IGP1 and 2 next year due to covid (Ontario, Canada basically shut down for 9 months this year).

Super dog with super temperament.

Work with a lot of experienced trainers and all really like what she shows on the field. I really like what I see at home.

Malinda has become a great friend and always available.

Highly recommend.

Reactions: Mocha18
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.