German Shepherds Forum banner

Showline breeder in Northern California

6K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  DorianGrayFFM 
#1 ·
I am looking for recommendations for a Showline breeder in Northern California. I live in the Sacramento area. Not looking for a "show" dog, just a family companion that I could still do protection work with without being overly drivy. Must have hips and elbows tested. Not looking for a backyard breeder type of GSD bred by folks that think because they have a beautiful male and their friend has a beautiful female they should have puppies, not taking into consideration tempermant and health issues. Been there, done that and do not want to go that route again. Thanks

#4 ·
I would also look into Shannon at vom Zwillingshaus. I have met some of her dogs as well. They were nice. vom Zwillingshaus Males

I've also seen and played with dogs from Amber at ErtelHaus Long Coat German Shepherds - Home

And of course, I think you know Ella from https://sites.google.com/site/ellamariesgermanshepherddogs/. She's only done a few litters, but the couple of puppies I've worked from her first litter are turning out pretty nice. She has a litter on the ground right now from Vande/Rocky Kabi (Ertel Haus).

#6 ·
Jeremy - I believe Shannon isn't going to be breeding for a couple of years :( I just saw her and my friend has a dog from her F litter as her service dog so I get to hear about her plans from my friend.

Although she is probably a good contact to know about any showline dogs in Northern Cal

#7 ·
Jeremy - I believe Shannon isn't going to be breeding for a couple of years
I just saw her and my friend has a dog from her F litter as her service dog so I get to hear about her plans from my friend.

Although she is probably a good contact to know about any showline dogs in Northern Cal

Yeah, I spoke to her a couple weeks ago. You're correct, I do t think she's going to have a litter for a while, but like you said she's a great contact for SL breeders in NorCal and I would trust her. That's why I mentioned her :)

#11 ·
Ella Richmond

Ella Richmond / de Alma Indiana has a litter sired by Roki Kabi and I think she has a male available... She is a small breeder who works her dogs in SDA and she tests for DM. She is one of the most honest people I know. Located near Oroville https://www.facebook.com/ellamariesgermanshepherddogs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.