German Shepherds Forum banner

Looking for breeder in FL?

5K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Betty 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I am looking for a breeder who will have puppies in the 2~5 weeks in FL. I'm interested in a long-haired GSD but I'd consider a stock coat one. Thanks!

#2 ·
Hi Rosefox!

research, Research, RESEARCH! Not the best to put a definite time frame on something that will be with you the next 10 years or more.;) Temperament and health is key for me.

In the other thread you posted, the dam Baylee does not have an HD rating and is not titled in anything (neither is her sire or dam), so that would be a no for me also.

There are many qualified people here to assist you! A little info will help!

*Which "Type" of GSD are you looking for? German Shepherd Types - German Shepherd Guide (Click on TYPE)

*What activities or sports do you plan on doing with him/her.

*What type of lifestyle do you have that will include the dog?

*Tell a little about yourself/your family!

*What is your price range? (usual is $1,600 to $3,000)

*How far are you willing to travel (hours)?

*Are you willing to have a dog shipped?

Here are some good reading materials!
(German Shepherd and Schutzhund Articles, by Wildhaus Kennels )

Things to look for in a 'Responsible' Breeder

German Shepherd Guide - Home

Good luck in your search!
Moms:)

#4 · (Edited)
1. Show line doesn't particularly matter to me. I would just like a long haired coat. A friend of mine has a GSD that has a long coat and is 100% black (pic is here: http://imgur.com/l3W9BBm). I'd love one like that.

2. I play fetch with my golden right now. Not much other than that.

3. I work from home everyday. I take my dog's health very seriously. I am not a fan of treats. I am very picky as to what I feed them. I paid 800 dollars for him, and it was a steal. I get compliments whenever I go. I tend to baby him a lot.

4. 1.6k~2.5k would be where I am comfortable.

5. Anywhere in FL, or lower Georgia.

6. No, I want to pick the dog myself ideally.

Thanks for your help!

Have you owned dogs Rose? Do you have a family? Kids?
I've owned 1 GSD, 1 mixed. I currently own a 3 year old Golden retriver. No family or kids. Thanks for your help!

#6 ·
those aren't likely to be puppies that will be happy playing fetch in the backyard.

second, no matter if you go in person or have the puppy shipped, a responsible breeder is going to be the one picking the puppy for you. If there is more than 1 puppy that is a good match for you, they will let you choose between them. Otherwise they will tell you "this is the puppy for you."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.