Breeder Recommendations (FL/South US) - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Breeder Recommendations (FL/South US)

Hey all! I've been stalking the forum for a few years now, and am doing some research on breeders. I'm not looking for a pup for another year or two (maybe longer... I'd like to make sure everything is solid before getting a pup), but I enjoy researching and speaking with breeders early on before making a decision.

I'm looking for a WL sable pup that I can take everywhere. I'm familiar with the dog world (I volunteer at a rescue and have a rescue) but this would be my first working line. I enjoy hiking and am moderately active (me and my dog walk 2+ miles a day, often going to the beach or to parks for a fun hike). I'm also looking to get into some dog sports (was wanting to try out a few different ones and see which clicked -- particularly interested in agility and schutzhund, but am also interested in SAR, dock diving, and flyball!)

I live in Central FL, but am willing to travel out of state for the right pup.

And honestly... a little nervous!! I'd like a dog that I can work with, but perusing these forums over the years is slowly getting me out of the working line = crazy hyper ridiculous dog mindset

I plan on visiting some trials and clubs soon to talk to people, but I just also wanted to get you guys' recommendations as well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 01:59 AM
Master Member

I'd recommend littlerivercanine strongly. Betty is a very dedicated breeder and knows her dogs very well. She will pick the best pup for you for sure. She is also a member here. GL

Musa

My Kenzo 07/2007-11/2008 RIP My Baby Boy

Laila Pester-ella (the evil minpin) DOB:11/2007

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 08:48 AM
Crowned Member

Betty is a good one to look into.

Atlanta K9 in GA has very nice dogs.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 09:41 AM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seas View Post
Hey all! I've been stalking the forum for a few years now, and am doing some research on breeders. I'm not looking for a pup for another year or two (maybe longer... I'd like to make sure everything is solid before getting a pup), but I enjoy researching and speaking with breeders early on before making a decision.

I'm looking for a WL sable pup that I can take everywhere. I'm familiar with the dog world (I volunteer at a rescue and have a rescue) but this would be my first working line. I enjoy hiking and am moderately active (me and my dog walk 2+ miles a day, often going to the beach or to parks for a fun hike). I'm also looking to get into some dog sports (was wanting to try out a few different ones and see which clicked -- particularly interested in agility and schutzhund, but am also interested in SAR, dock diving, and flyball!)

I live in Central FL, but am willing to travel out of state for the right pup.

And honestly... a little nervous!! I'd like a dog that I can work with, but perusing these forums over the years is slowly getting me out of the working line = crazy hyper ridiculous dog mindset

I plan on visiting some trials and clubs soon to talk to people, but I just also wanted to get you guys' recommendations as well!
I am in Central Florida I can connect you with a few clubs depending on your interest

SG1 Enzo v TeMar HIC HCT CGC TC RATI GDT DHT PSA-PDC BH AD CD RN FO H.O.T.
OFA Good/Normal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page