Central Florida Area Breeders? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 01:40 AM Thread Starter

Central Florida Area Breeders?

Hi, friends.

We lost our beloved 12 year old GSD, Duke, a few weeks ago and our hearts are broken. He was truly a once in a lifetime, special dog. I've lived with German Shepherds since I was 6 years old and now I'm in my late 20s and still can't imagine owning any other breed of dog. Our house is so empty without him with us anymore. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a breeder in the Central Florida area (we are in the Orlando ish area but we are willing to make a drive if it's farther out). When our hearts are ready I'd love to welcome another dog into our home.

Our old breeder was in Orlando but when I looked them up they'd sold their house last year.

Thank you all so much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 07:57 AM
Knighted Member

Hi Cee and

I am so very sorry for your loss.
I will PM you.

Here is a great site to check out. This, and other threads on this site, will help you with info on the breed and points for choosing a breeder. How to Select a Breeder - German Shepherd Guide

It is also helpful to let folks on here know what line of GSD are you looking for....show line, working? What your goals are for the dog, what type of energy you are looking for, what your activities are that would involve the dog, are you willing to travel to get the dog, or be shipped, etc.

Good luck with your search and make sure you post pictures when you get your new baby!

Moms
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2GSDs View Post
Hi Cee and

I am so very sorry for your loss.
I will PM you.

Here is a great site to check out. This, and other threads on this site, will help you with info on the breed and points for choosing a breeder. How to Select a Breeder - German Shepherd Guide

It is also helpful to let folks on here know what line of GSD are you looking for....show line, working? What your goals are for the dog, what type of energy you are looking for, what your activities are that would involve the dog, are you willing to travel to get the dog, or be shipped, etc.

Good luck with your search and make sure you post pictures when you get your new baby!

Moms
Thank you so much, for your condolences and for your advice.

We are just looking for a family pet / companion. We would basically be walking him, taking him to the beach, teaching him tricks like we've done with our previous dogs. They both understood commands in English, German and Spanish. We originally wanted a GSD for protection (just to guard our house because we had been robbed before), but our last dog's bark was worse than his bite. He would scare everyone off with his size and his bark so they didn't stick around long enough to see he was actually a big teddy bear, which worked for us!

We are willing to travel a bit to get the dog but would ideally like to stay in Florida

I'll try to attach a photo of our last dog so you can see him (but I have no idea what I'm doing). He was the most beautiful and special boy.

Thank you so much, and I received your PM and it is very helpful. Thank you again! I really appreciate it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	315722  

Last edited by Cee22; 09-04-2015 at 11:14 AM.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 11:48 AM

I got my now year old showline gsd from southern import k9's. From Orlando probably a 3 hour drive. They are located in Okeechobee, Florida. My dogs from the nino and aldi "A" litter and he has the best tempermant loves everyone. I was very satisfied with her facility. Good luck on your search !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page