Any thoughts on Stanislaus Shepherds - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2015, 01:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Any thoughts on Stanislaus Shepherds

Hey. So i'm looking for a GSD puppy that I would like to use for schutzhund and SAR. I'd be new to both activities. I've found several breeders that breed for these purposes, though many do not have a littler planned for a while. One of the breeders I was considering is Stanislaus Shepherds. I have not been able to find very much written about them in previous posts. I've had great correspondence with them already, and they look good online. Any thoughts on how this breeder would suit my needs? Thanks in advance!!
reptilejason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2015, 01:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I don't know anything about the breeder but your comment on Schutzhund and SAR caught my eye.

This isn't the RULE but you want to make sure that the SAR teams you are interested are ok with your dog doing Schutzhund. There are a some that won't accept you dog if they have done or are currently doing bite work. My team was that way.. and I know of a few others that are as well. This isn't saying there aren't any out there that will allow both, but just keep that in mind when you are looking at a sport and working your dog.

Whitney
and
Commander Charly Titan (GSD)-15 Jan 2010
Lady Athena (BB)-2011-2012 (RIP baby girl)

Last edited by wyoung2153; 05-26-2015 at 01:37 PM.
wyoung2153 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2015, 01:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

If you are serious about these activities, I would recommend checking out some IPO clubs and/or SAR teams first. See if they can recommend good breeders for you. I cannot really comment on Stanislaus as I have no first hand experience, but my recommendation in general would be that if you are interested in a particular activity, find a breeder who does that activity and whose breeding dogs and progeny are titled/successful in that activity.
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2015, 02:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

If You are looking for an IPO dog it would also be best to look at a kennel that is showing in IPO and holds to the German standard. They are using non titled studs so it would be hard to say what the stud is capable of and what kind of pups they would throw. Like others suggested if you check out some clubs and see if it is something you are interested and ask for some help and suggestions. Most clubs are more then willing to help develop someone who has some interest. The more research you do and find out exactly what you are wanting to do with the dog will help define who would be most likely in your area to be able to get you a dog that you can work in that venue. With your first dog even though you may not get a super star you are still going to want very good potential.
rtdmmcintyre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2015, 03:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

I recently came across fullforcek9, which has some puppies available now. Any thoughts on this breeder? Their dogs are all titled, but their structure kinda looks like they are show? This is from my untrained eye of course. I am in the process of meeting up with some people in the area, but wanted to get some of your thoughts also, since there's a lot of knowledgeable people on here from throughout the states. A lot of you know people that have done business or are personally connected to different breeders Thanks for the replies so far!
Old 05-26-2015, 03:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Are you in MI?

Full Force K9 has working lines.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena BH AD CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, and gone but not forgotten, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

lhczth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2015, 03:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Where are you located?

I've seen a few puppies out of full force. PM me for more information, their dogs are definitely not all titled. They use outside titled males. They are not show lines, they're all working line.
martemchik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2015, 03:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Both SAR and IPO are very time consuming. Also the dog you would want for either, can be very different. As mentioned, make sure you are allowed to do bite sports and SAR with that particular SAR team. I was turned down by two SAR teams because of bite sports. Another accepted me, but I was too busy with bite work to go in that direction.

I would get out to IPO and SAR groups to see what you are most interested in. Then maybe start your search for a dog. If you list what area you're in, maybe someone can help with a breeder they know produces well for whatever venue you decide.
mycobraracr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2015, 03:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

I'm in Massachusetts. I telework the majority of the time and have a lot of free time on my hands for training and bonding. I would like to try sch first, and if that did not work out, either because the dog or handler (me) didn't care for it, move into something else, like SAR. That's certainly good advice to make sure that bite training didn't stop me from participating in other activities with the dog that I want to do. I will certainly look into that.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

It would be best if you committed to one or the other beforehand. Foundation is everything. And SAR is not a sport. It's a life and death commitment. It's serious. I highly suggest you find a club to start learning AND find a SAR group to talk too prior to looking for a breeder.

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what the 2x4 is made of.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.