I'd like to mate my male - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2015, 05:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I'd like to mate my male

I have a pure bred red & black male that is now 16 months old 85 lbs. all muscle, he has an impeccable pedigree. I'm going have him neutered in a few months and it would be a shame bloodline to end with him. He shares the same grandfather as me last GSD who was Ursus von Batu SchH.3/VA/Normal ZW=84 LBZ Kkl. 1.

Does anybody have any ideas of how I should approach this?

Rebell vom Osangute-Land D.O.B. 10/15/13
SoCal Rebell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2015, 05:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

How do you approach this? First you do the proper health clearances. Then you train and title him. Then find a good match for him. Talking to your breeder or finding a mentor would be a good idea. Why would the blood line end with him? Was he the last and only puppy ever from this line?

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2015, 05:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Member

Ummm... doubt his "bloodline" will end with your boy seeing as his grandfather was Ursus von Batu. Even my boy has that guy in his pedigree (though much farther back). Having an impeccable pedigree is not a reason in itself to breed a dog. Well maybe your reason, but I am sure many others will say that if you plan on breeding him you best be getting him tested for things like DM, having his hips/elbows checked etc. He's too young! Most hope for at least some kind of working title too before you go and breed him.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Take him out and get his BH and at least an IPO 1 title, or an HGH title. Then show him and get a breed survey done, and then health tests. Then after that sit down with some breeders and find a female that he will match well with, aiming to enhance all of the positive characteristics in both pedigrees. Basically follow the SV standards that are designed to keep German Shepherds the way we all like them. Probably will take a bit longer than a few months though, :P.
GSDNewb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2015, 05:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

I see you had an Adelhertz dog. Rhonda would be an excellent mentor for you.
zetti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2015, 06:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetti View Post
I see you had an Adelhertz dog. Rhonda would be an excellent mentor for you.
I didn't think of that, I spent a half a day with her when I picked up my puppy, and sent her updates and pics for about 2 years.

Rebell vom Osangute-Land D.O.B. 10/15/13
SoCal Rebell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2015, 06:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Elite Member

hey bro. please don't be another dude with the attitude "my pet dog is so special it should be bred". i think there's like 6 million dogs who can't find a home every year in the states being put down. as others said you have a dog with a good bloodline and other more knowledgable dedicated breeders are already keeping that pedigree going. why on earth would you want to flood the market with more dogs? i say enjoy your pet and leave the breeding to the experts. an expert wouldn't be asking breeding advice on here. for every puppy you make and sucsessfully find a home for means another dog that already needs a home won't get one now and will be put down. just enjoy your pet!
scarfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2015, 07:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Hey...my bitch goes into heat every other month it seems like...and comes from quality WGSL bloodlines ....with Zamp, Sirio della Real Favorita and Ursa von Batu in her lineage.

Maybe we should meet up behind the 7-11 on Main and Elm and breed them. My bitch is about 82 lbs and a solid block of muscle.....maybe between the two of them breeding, we could produce a litter of Arnold dogs...steroid free of course.

SuperG

SuperG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2015, 07:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperG View Post
Hey...my bitch goes into heat every other month it seems like...and comes from quality WGSL bloodlines ....with Zamp, Sirio della Real Favorita and Ursa von Batu in her lineage.

Maybe we should meet up behind the 7-11 on Main and Elm and breed them. My bitch is about 82 lbs and a solid block of muscle.....maybe between the two of them breeding, we could produce a litter of Arnold dogs...steroid free of course.

SuperG

I like your sarcasm.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella67 View Post
I like your sarcasm.

SuperG
SuperG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.