Tre good German Shepherds - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2015, 10:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Tre good German Shepherds

Has anyone bought a puppy from this lady?
Or seen her dogs?

TRE'GOOD GERMAN SHEPHERDS
Guy9999 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2015, 08:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Well, her dogs are lovely. I would want to see some proof of health testing, namely hips.

I see the dogs have CGC and many are therapy dogs. They do train but do not compete and that is fine for them. She does explain away competition trained behaviors as not reliable on the street and that may be her opinion. I disagree with it.

I think if you are looking for a family companion and the dogs do have health testing she would be okay. However, she is asking some pretty steep prices for her dogs. $2500 for a puppy from unproven parents is more than I would pay.

URO3,UCD Aleshanee Windridge "Kayos" CD,TDX,RE,CGC,HIC,TC
UAG2,UNA,URO3,UCD Xtra!Xtra! V TeMar "Havoc" CDX,GN,RE,CGC,HIC,TC,BH
UAG2,URO1 Tidmores Rising Star Lydia "Mayhem" BN,NA,NAJ,RN,HT,TC,CGC,

Bridge
Lucky, Wolf, Max
Kayos and Havoc is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2015, 01:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to K9Guy96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayos and Havoc View Post
Well, her dogs are lovely. I would want to see some proof of health testing, namely hips.

I see the dogs have CGC and many are therapy dogs. They do train but do not compete and that is fine for them. She does explain away competition trained behaviors as not reliable on the street and that may be her opinion. I disagree with it.

I think if you are looking for a family companion and the dogs do have health testing she would be okay. However, she is asking some pretty steep prices for her dogs. $2500 for a puppy from unproven parents is more than I would pay.
I have personally seen her dogs, the puppies, and their behavior. The parents are proven to be obedient, loyal, and protective. They are a registered therapy dog and a medical alert service dog. Dogs who work in the real world. We should not forget that we show our dogs in the ring to prove that our dogs may be able to work in the real world. Show dogs are often not tested for the demands of the real world. A dog that actually works in the world is at the highest level for the breed. Am I wrong? Keeping our dogs solely in the ring honestly proves nothing about a dogs ability to work all day next to it's handler. A medical alert dog is a highly trained dog who possess and uses all of the most prized traits we seek in our German Shepherds.

As far as price, you couldn't purchase any equivalent puppy for anything close to $2,500. An excellent diet and medical testing is very expensive. Breeding inexpensive dogs, without consideration for their health (diet) and medical testing has created a crises in the German Shepherd breed. Her commitment to her dogs mental and physical health in unparalleled. Yet, I understand that breeders may feel threatened by an innovative, boutique breeder with elevated standards. I honestly feel you should meet the people and see the dogs before you post negative comments. We should all work together to support our chosen breed not knock each other down.
K9Guy96 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2015, 01:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

You just insulted quite a few breeders on this board, and then state that we shouldn't knock each other down.

How ironic.

Fama - T.E.D.D. OEF XI-XII (GSD)(RET...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Marshall - T.E.D.D. OEF XII-XIII (Lab)(SF EDD)
Lucian - Med Alert (Cane Corso)
Pud - the old man (Pit x Lab)
David Winners is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2015, 07:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Guy96 View Post
I have personally seen her dogs, the puppies, and their behavior. The parents are proven to be obedient, loyal, and protective. They are a registered therapy dog and a medical alert service dog. Dogs who work in the real world. We should not forget that we show our dogs in the ring to prove that our dogs may be able to work in the real world. Show dogs are often not tested for the demands of the real world. A dog that actually works in the world is at the highest level for the breed. Am I wrong? Keeping our dogs solely in the ring honestly proves nothing about a dogs ability to work all day next to it's handler. A medical alert dog is a highly trained dog who possess and uses all of the most prized traits we seek in our German Shepherds.

As far as price, you couldn't purchase any equivalent puppy for anything close to $2,500. An excellent diet and medical testing is very expensive. Breeding inexpensive dogs, without consideration for their health (diet) and medical testing has created a crises in the German Shepherd breed. Her commitment to her dogs mental and physical health in unparalleled. Yet, I understand that breeders may feel threatened by an innovative, boutique breeder with elevated standards. I honestly feel you should meet the people and see the dogs before you post negative comments. We should all work together to support our chosen breed not knock each other down.
so she has documented proof of ofa'd hips and history of DM? they do sound like great gsd!
huntergreen is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2015, 02:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Just my opinion but i think for 2500$ u could do a lot better!
gsdsteve is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2015, 08:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdsteve View Post
Just my opinion but i think for 2500$ u could do a lot better!
Where?
Guy9999 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2015, 02:48 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default Tre Good Shepherd owner

I have owned four German Shepherds and recently purchased Ava from Tre Good German Shepherds. My last female was bred in Germany and had excellent parents with titles galore and price to match those titles. She was very smart and intense. When she passed away from cancer in Oct 2014 it was devastating for the whole family. I spent many weeks roaming thru sites searching for our next family pet.
When I found Tre Good the search was over. I did see Ava when she was four weeks old along with some of her brothers. We spent time together along with Christine and her husband. At that point I happily handed over a deposit on Ava.
I had daily communications with Christine with updates on Ava. Below is the post that I put on Tre Goods website.

Ava is now in her new home in Tempe and doing great. She is a spectacular example of a well bred German Shepherd. She is a very nice combination of dominance, confidence and affection and beauty thrown in. I could not be happier! Christine has been so wonderful with all of her knowledge. From the first contact she has provided timely, accurate and valuable information. Thank you so much Christine and gang for providing me with such a great family member. Thanks....Kent
kkinaz is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2015, 03:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master Member

I personally really liked what she said on her "A step above; young trained family companions" page. Her dogs look lovely and I like the reasons she gave for why she breeds GSD's. So far I like her but I would need to do more research if I intended to buy one of her dogs.
Lobo dog is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2015, 06:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy9999 View Post
Where?
Have you met with and seen any breeders dogs in person Guy?
Steve Strom is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what the 2x4 is made of.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.