New here- Looking for a MD/VA Pup - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2015, 07:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New here- Looking for a MD/VA Pup

Hi Guys

Ive spent some time researching the website reading about different breeders and so on.

Im looking for a female shepherd puppy for mainly family companion, medium drive but highly trainable. I do plan to do some recreational agility and maybe some schutzhund training.

Id really like a red/black saddle shepherd but health is most important

budget 1,000-2000 and im hoping to find one this spring

I think I have my search narrowed down to 4 breeders, let me know what you guys think!

Haus Morrison Shepherds Haus Morrisson German Shepherds
I have a friend that has a Male from Rik/Penny great dog, high drive and crazy though! Breeding dogs are OFA Hips/Elbows and DM neg. I think they also test eyes and thyroid. Pups are mainly sable or mostly black though
They are also local to me

Sander Haus Shepherds Haus Morrisson German Shepherds
I have emailed them, they are planning a breeding for Feb but she said she waits until its confirmed to announce price and so on. Sire is OFA a2 sire Daesha is only prelim normal and im not sure on DM.

Im really interested in this breeders puppies

Blue Ridge Shepherds Blue Ridge Lane German Shepherds - Home
I love there dogs however the pups are 2,200-2500 and when I asked about OFA this is what I got back "Fanto sire of these upcoming litters is Internationally hip & elbow certified through the FCI with x rays available. All of our import dogs have pedigrees that have good or better hips through 5 generations." not really sure what that means...

And Finally Von den Blauen Bergen http://www.gsdbb.com/
Im still anxiously waiting to hear back from them

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, please feel free to recommend a breeder or leave your thoughts on the ones mentioned above!
mcullins91101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2015, 11:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

i am not familiar with breeders in general, but it sounds like you know the "type" of gsd you want. if it were me i would just talk to breeders and see if they can match your needs/wants then choose the breeder. you may want to consider expanding your search to be sure you get exactly want you want.
huntergreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2015, 03:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to alldwepak

hi,

greetings, the first 3 breeders you mentioned are good, however its depends on your area of preference.

Why?
here you go....

he first 2 breeders you mentioned are good, seem to have a good reputation and certifications, however going by the looks, they are more of a typical working dog type breeder, they would excel in the sporting ring..

the 3rd breeder Blue Ridge.
seems to be very reputable,
1. because of the lineage(pedigree)
2. Fantos' dad Omen Radhaus is an internationally acclaimed dog,
3. when the breeder mentioned that Omens HIPs are FCI certified, what he meant was FCI is the international kennel club association, and their certification is valid across the globe, because some associations give their own certification which may or may not be valid in your country.
4. its not just the sire Fantos hips but hips of 5 generations can be checked with xray evidence.
5. they would be best in confirmation ring

so i would suggest blue ridge kennels if you were looking to extensively show your dog and the first 2 if you were looking for other working sports like schtzund agility etc.
alldwepak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2015, 08:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Elite Member

I have a dog from Von Den Blauen Bergen. Randy is a reputable breeder of WGSL's and an all around nice guy. All his breeding dogs are titled and health tested.

Here is a little info for you about what to look for in a good breeder.

(German Shepherd Breeders, by Wildhaus Kennels)
DinoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2015, 03:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Oops I realized I gave the wrong link for sander haus shepherds AKC registered German shepherd puppies Virginia
Old 01-14-2015, 03:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoBlue View Post
I have a dog from Von Den Blauen Bergen. Randy is a reputable breeder of WGSL's and an all around nice guy. All his breeding dogs are titled and health tested.

Here is a little info for you about what to look for in a good breeder.

(German Shepherd Breeders, by Wildhaus Kennels)
Glad to hear it! Thanks for the link, some great info there! Ill be in contact with Randy!
Old 01-14-2015, 03:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldwepak View Post
hi,

greetings, the first 3 breeders you mentioned are good, however its depends on your area of preference.

Why?
here you go....

he first 2 breeders you mentioned are good, seem to have a good reputation and certifications, however going by the looks, they are more of a typical working dog type breeder, they would excel in the sporting ring..

the 3rd breeder Blue Ridge.
seems to be very reputable,
1. because of the lineage(pedigree)
2. Fantos' dad Omen Radhaus is an internationally acclaimed dog,
3. when the breeder mentioned that Omens HIPs are FCI certified, what he meant was FCI is the international kennel club association, and their certification is valid across the globe, because some associations give their own certification which may or may not be valid in your country.
4. its not just the sire Fantos hips but hips of 5 generations can be checked with xray evidence.
5. they would be best in confirmation ring

so i would suggest blue ridge kennels if you were looking to extensively show your dog and the first 2 if you were looking for other working sports like schtzund agility etc.
Thanks for your input! I love the look of their shepherds but at that price I want to make sure hips and elbows are certified and they are DM Neg. I dont plan to show my dog at all, any agility/schutzhund work would be for fun and to keep my pup happy and busy.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knighted Member

When my beloved Remo passed away, Randy of Von den Bleuen Bergen offered to give me a pup. Our rescue has helped him place a couple of retired/returned bitches. He is a really nice guy!

Anyway, I parked in front of his house and the front door opened up and I was beset upon by about eight GSDs. I was thinking I was in a "code brown" situation.

All of the dogs were gathered around me, tails wagging furiously and covering me with kisses. Nicest bunch of dogs you would ever want to meet!

Lea

Good Dogs for Good Homes
Virginia German Shepherd Rescue
www.shepherdrescue.org
Remo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.