Canine security service provder in India - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2014, 09:02 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Canine security service provder in India

Dear all,
In search of the breeder for my next GSD I disovered a company named Commando kennel who are PVT Ltd company who provide industrial security service to a wide range of corporate clients in India.

One can both hire or buy trained adult dogs with specific needs, such petorl, mob control, narcotics/explosive detection etc.

http://www.commandokennels.com/

This sems to be a good solution to one looking for guard dogs for home security. As they are providing the finished product. If i am not satisfied, they will get poor feedback.

There must be such companies in US or Europe.

Does any body in this forum has experience of dealing with such a company?

What can be the demerits?

Looking forward to hear from u all.
Thanks
SD
TEZPUR1976 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2014, 10:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

The 'problem' with getting a dog so highly trained, is a good protection dog is only 1/2 of the protection.

The other half is the handler/owner that has the dog. If you also don't have the background and experience, plus the ability to keep up with the continuing education of the dog.... you may end up with a dog that bites someone accidentally (family) cause they didn't get guidance from their owner. Or that ends up with zero protection skills because they get no brushing up on their training skills.

Additionally, these dogs can be VERY intelligent and VERY high energy which may be just plain too much for the majority of dog owners. So they end up fenced and kenneled in the yard (so all the smart criminals know it's safe to murder everyone in the house cause the dog is chained/fenced in the yard and no real threat).

Keeping a good GSD BALANCED and trained for protection is way too much for most of us (definitely for me).

If I had no training and experience (time) then I'd get a great GSD that LOOKS scary and SOUNDS scary but is actually a sweetie pie that is a great pet.
plus Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
MaggieRoseLee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2014, 12:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

Good point (as always u are very helpful).

So it seems a prerequisite to owning such a dog is that I need to enroll for some dog training course. They (commando kennel) also informed me that I have to spend some time in their kennel before the dog is given to me.

Thankfully I have some experience by raising my present gsd Duke. It was so difficult initially, given his high energy and inquisitive mind. I learnt so much during this experience (many thanks to members of this forum). Now Duke and I enjoy working together. I have introduced puppy sleeve. He just loves biting it.

I guess i will be slighly better prepared for the 2nd one. But still I will prepare.
TEZPUR1976 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2014, 12:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Good luck!
plus Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
MaggieRoseLee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.