Happy ending, but deposit issue - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2014, 10:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Happy ending, but deposit issue

Hey everyone,

So my last breeder didn't work out but for the best. I am now talking with two breeders who are very good friends with each other, and who are really really great in all aspects. One is in CA, one is closer to me and wants me to come meet her dogs at some shows and has invited me to come up as much as I want to see the babies when they're born. Very up front, and both of their dogs are stunning.
However, my other breeder hasn't given my deposit back and it's been a month since she told us there wouldn't be a pup for me. She said she'd send it, I contacted her last week and she said she was just very busy with the new babies and she'd send it in the next couple days. Still nothing. Its only $200, but it kind of miffs me. Should I pursue this?

Last edited by Snapdragon; 09-29-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Snapdragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2014, 10:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

I would definitely call and try to get the money back....

But I also think you have found some great alternative breeders and how exciting is that! REally love that one is so welcoming and inviting you to see their dogs/home. Nice to get your foot in the door once you find the type of dogs/breeders you want to support.
plus Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
MaggieRoseLee is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2014, 10:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, I'll try to. Do I have any legal recourse if that doesn't work? She seems to avoid talking on the phone. Her website clearly states that I should get my money back.

I'm so exited about the other breeders! The one in CA might be who I end up going with because they will have the color I wanted. I found her by tracing back through pedigrees of the dogs I liked, and while the original source is not breeding anymore they sang her absolute praises. She and the one near me both have great health guarantees that don't just cover their own butt. Also, neither of them really seem to care if you buy from one or the other, but rather they care more about what's the best option for you and the dog.
They also were fine with me being on both their lists in case one didn't work out. I'm so inpressed with how they work!

Have to wait a little longer, but so worth it! In the long run, 2-6 months ain't that long.

Last edited by Snapdragon; 09-29-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Glad you've found some new avenues to explore.

An FYI about your deposit,,,are you near Hartford CT? On Oct 25 and 26 there is a Pet Expo at the Convention Center (NOT the XL center),,and I do believe the 'breeder' with your deposit is the one that will may be running the Shiloh Shep info table..

If you can go , and if it is her, I'd tell her your attending and expect to pick up your deposit there..NO I would NOT let it go..IT takes 2 minutes to write a check and throw it in the mail..there is no reason for her to slack off about returning it ..

Here's the link http://www.jenksproductions.com/ctpet.html
Look under Vendor Links (shiloh shepherd rescue and click)

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge

Last edited by JakodaCD OA; 09-29-2014 at 03:30 PM.
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2014, 03:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakodaCD OA View Post
Glad you've found some new avenues to explore.

An FYI about your deposit,,,are you near Hartford CT? On Oct 25 and 26 there is a Pet Expo at the Convention Center (NOT the XL center),,and I do believe the 'breeder' with your deposit is the one that will may be running the Shiloh Shep info table..

If you can go , and if it is her, I'd tell her your attending and expect to pick up your deposit there..NO I would NOT let it go..IT takes 2 minutes to write a check and throw it in the mail..there is no reason for her to slack off about returning it ..

Here's the link http://www.jenksproductions.com/ctpet.html
Look under Vendor Links (shiloh shepherd rescue and click)
Lol nice detective work)))))) how did you even put all this together and found out about the table)))))
lalachka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2014, 03:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

I live in CT and was planning on going to this expo , so as I was checking out vendor links, the name sounded familiar to me, actually snapdragon had pm'd me the breeder previously so I kinda knew who it was..

Tranquillo's Kizzy
Old 09-29-2014, 04:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Oh thanks! Unfortunately that's not her, but I' actually meeting one of my good breeders there! Hehe that's the show she invited me to! I could ask if she plans on going, though I suppose...
Old 09-29-2014, 04:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

oops sorry, but they ARE having a Rare Breed Dog Show at this one, so if she does conformation, she'll be there I'm sure..

I'm going up on Sunday..

Tranquillo's Kizzy
Old 09-29-2014, 04:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakodaCD OA View Post
I live in CT and was planning on going to this expo , so as I was checking out vendor links, the name sounded familiar to me, actually snapdragon had pm'd me the breeder previously so I kinda knew who it was..
Still impressive )))))
I didn't know you're that close )))))
lalachka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2014, 04:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

That's cool, I really appreciate the link anyway! But yeah, I'm totally going to be there to meet one of my breeders since she's showing some of her dogs at the expo. The other breeder unfortunately doesn't do anything except CGC and health testing, while both of the ones I'm currently on the list for are using breed champions on one or both of the parents sides. Good sign, I guess.
Cross my fingers, i will ask if I can pick up my deposit there if she's going. My husband said that he will literally take me to her house to pick it up if she doesn't stop this procrastination.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.