World class GSD von gunbil - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2014, 08:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Member

Default World class GSD von gunbil

Hey guys anyone got a puppy from this breeder ? World Class German Shepherd Breeders - Puppies for Sale They are so beautiful. A friend of mine considering to get one from them. Excellent elbow and hip parents on some litter and very nice red color/ I know i cant afford the price its way too high for me. Also the 5 years health guarantee sounds nice, any opinion is much appreciated thanks.
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2014, 08:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

I know 'nothing' of the breeder, but I am always turned off when it reads "world class" or something of that nature..

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2014, 08:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

The website screams "infomercial" and you can buy puppies on line which are major turn offs (and the buying of puppies online is a huge red flag).

That being said, their dogs are titled and health tested. They ship their dogs off to be trained and titled by someone else, which is also a turn-off, but at least the minimums are there. I'm curious if anyone has any first-hand experience with them.
LoveEcho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2014, 09:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEcho View Post
The website screams "infomercial" and you can buy puppies on line which are major turn offs (and the buying of puppies online is a huge red flag).

That being said, their dogs are titled and health tested. They ship their dogs off to be trained and titled by someone else, which is also a turn-off, but at least the minimums are there. I'm curious if anyone has any first-hand experience with them.
First of all thanks guys for the opinion. I suck at reading thats why i need to ask hahah. Dont all breeders can sell their puppies online ? maybe i get the point wrong here but dont breeders sell their puppies through website too and ship them ? Im sorry if thats a dumb question ^^
Old 09-25-2014, 09:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

I purchased a puppy from them in 2013 and am very happy with my dog. I grew up with shepherds but this is the first one I'm training on my own. Because of this I felt a showline dog would be more appropriate for my experience level. He is smart, very trainable, and most of all very stable. This breeder is located about 25 miles from where I live and so I was able to visit regularly and still do. While the web-site is quite commercial and may turn some people off, the owners are very good people. They have another kennel in Germany which is where all the dogs are titled. Depending on your wants/needs in the way of a puppy, I would not hesitate to recommend buying a dog from this breeder.
LoriH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2014, 10:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriH View Post
I purchased a puppy from them in 2013 and am very happy with my dog. I grew up with shepherds but this is the first one I'm training on my own. Because of this I felt a showline dog would be more appropriate for my experience level. He is smart, very trainable, and most of all very stable. This breeder is located about 25 miles from where I live and so I was able to visit regularly and still do. While the web-site is quite commercial and may turn some people off, the owners are very good people. They have another kennel in Germany which is where all the dogs are titled. Depending on your wants/needs in the way of a puppy, I would not hesitate to recommend buying a dog from this breeder.
thanks lorih

Edit : Im sorry it maybe Lori H hehe have any pic to share ? Jw if the puppies they sell are as ncie looking as the featured ones.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace GSD View Post
First of all thanks guys for the opinion. I suck at reading thats why i need to ask hahah. Dont all breeders can sell their puppies online ? maybe i get the point wrong here but dont breeders sell their puppies through website too and ship them ? Im sorry if thats a dumb question ^^
I don't personally know of any reputable breeders who sell their puppies online... I want a breeder who screens potential buyers as carefully as potential buyers should be screening breeders. Breeders should be talking to owners about what they're looking for, what their lifestyle is like, etc to see if they're a good match and to match an appropriate puppy. These aren't commodities to be added to an online shopping cart.

Lori- that's great to hear! How much time did they spend getting to know you before you purchased? Is the "BUY NOW!" just an unfortunate thing on the website? Is there a reason they don't title their dogs in the US?
LoveEcho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2014, 10:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEcho View Post
I don't personally know of any reputable breeders who sell their puppies online... I want a breeder who screens potential buyers as carefully as potential buyers should be screening breeders. Breeders should be talking to owners about what they're looking for, what their lifestyle is like, etc to see if they're a good match and to match an appropriate puppy. These aren't commodities to be added to an online shopping cart.

Lori- that's great to hear! How much time did they spend getting to know you before you purchased? Is the "BUY NOW!" just an unfortunate thing on the website? Is there a reason they don't title their dogs in the US?
Very good question !
Old 09-25-2014, 10:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
Knighted Member

They have a six month old that's listed as "fully trained". The dog is no where near mentally mature enough to be fully trained and for 15k, I'll pass.
mycobraracr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2014, 10:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycobraracr View Post
They have a six month old that's listed as "fully trained". The dog is no where near mentally mature enough to be fully trained and for 15k, I'll pass.
Same here hehe
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.