CT breeder help! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2014, 03:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default CT breeder help!

Hey everyone.. so i'm searching for a breeder in/around ct for my first puppy. I've been in contact with a few in the area and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them, or know someone who has. The first is Totana Piper Hill. They seem really nice, and have a litter coming late summer/early fall. The second is Watcher Engel K9. I am looking for a family dog, but I want more of a straight back working line.
Any suggestions on other breeders would be great! I don't mind driving further for the right dog.
kyle6367 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2014, 03:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Member

I ruled out all CT breeders during my search a couple of years ago for one reason or another. Not saying their bad, but not what I was looking for. So, can't really recommend any in CT. If you go up to MA, NH, there are a few. Based on my research Ryanhaus is good. I spoke with the owner and she was really nice and knowledgeable. I ultimately went a different path and am very happy with my pup. But, I would not hesitate to get a dog from Ryanhaus.

I have seen and played with a puppy from von granfenstein in CT. The owner is very happy with the puppy. She is supper confident, happy, pretty and has huge amounts of energy and drive. Depends on what you are looking for, she would be a great dog for sport training.

Good luck in your search.
eddie1976E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2014, 04:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle6367 View Post
Hey everyone.. so i'm searching for a breeder in/around ct for my first puppy. I've been in contact with a few in the area and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them, or know someone who has. The first is Totana Piper Hill. They seem really nice, and have a litter coming late summer/early fall. The second is Watcher Engel K9. I am looking for a family dog, but I want more of a straight back working line.
Any suggestions on other breeders would be great! I don't mind driving further for the right dog.
Those two breeders are breeding two completely different types of dogs with different goals in mind. You might as well be looking at two different breeds.
Lucy Dog is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2014, 05:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Member

Default CT breeder help!

I really like my CT breeder. But I haven't gotten my baby yet. I was looking for a working line GSD.

Noble Craft Canine

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
lauren43 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2014, 06:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

I can recommend Noble Craft, and I've heard good things about Watcher Engel but don't know of them personally.

Noble Craft trains as well.

Another person I can recommend is Tina Binheimer at Von Monte Haus she is in Tolland, I know she has a pregnant female. She is ACO in Tolland, has very nice dogs, that work, and companions, she titles her dogs in agility/obedience/rally/tracking etc (as does Noble Craft in schutzhund I believe) , she rescues as well, has placed dogs with police depts..

Totana Piper hill breeds mostly american lined dogs which is totally different from what the others above I listed. Depends on what you want ..If you want straight back working line, they would not be on my list.

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2014, 09:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

I am really looking for a family companion first, one that has drive but not to much.. if that makes sense. So Totana breeds American shepherds which isn't what I was looking for, so I'm scratching them off the list. Would Watcher Engel breeding be a better fit?
Old 07-04-2014, 09:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for the reference jack, I just sent Tina an email. Her dogs look real nice, and that is just the color I'm looking for!
Old 07-04-2014, 09:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle6367 View Post
Would Watcher Engel breeding be a better fit?
I don't think anyone here can really tell you that. Give them a call or send an email and see if you can meet their dogs. Explain to them what you're looking for and see what they have to say.

Working lines are not for everyone, but neither are show lines. It really depends on your situation and what you're looking for and expect from the dog.
Lucy Dog is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2014, 10:39 AM   #9 (permalink)

I live in Tolland.. Tina Binheimer is also an animal control officer... Im not sure what her breeding program is like but she got into some hot water years ago for putting a kill order on some dogs because they had killed chickens..

Rockville Superior Court: Tolland Dog's Future To Be Decided At Hearing Thursday - Hartford Courant

Again, don't know about her breeding program but just be sure your own rep won't be tainted as a result of buying from her.. just want you to be as informed as possible.
DynamicDogLover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2014, 10:46 AM   #10 (permalink)

I can recommend noblecraft as well; I have one of their dogs. question: is this going to be your first dog?
DynamicDogLover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.